The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

dss level 5 fwd axle questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95gst_sweetie

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2009
lawndale, North_Carolina
I got a question. Ive searched and search to find no answer. Some were along the lines one of my dss l5 axles has a few messed up splines not to the point that in want go in to the diff. but its worrying me a bit. Dss wants a pretty penny for the axle cup that goes in to the trans. So question is I need to know what cups there using for this application, I know there way bigger cups than a factory 2g fwd. Does anyone have a clue to what cups they use? Maybe its a cup off another type of mitsubishi or something up that alley.

In reality, there are only a few different types of axles out there. However, you are dealing with the DSS L5 axles... they reason they want quite a bit of money to rebuild them is because those are made of cro-moly steel and heat treated a little differently. I really wouldn't try to miss-match the ends up on them, as you won't get the performance out of them as they were originally designed for. any reason you have the level 5 ones anyways? I have not read up on your build, but you could just run stock ones if you not up in the 400+ FWHP range and save a few bucks.

I am under the impression that they make them, or they have them made special for their axles.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back