The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FWD Axle questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booosted D S M

Probationary Member
Jun 7, 2003
MichiganUS
hey guys!
I did a search and what seems to come up is info on axles for the AWDs and what not. What I am wondering is the power the Axles can take on a 2G FWD and if this is a source for problems. I am well aware that the transmission is weak and needs to be upgraded (double synchro, shift forks etc etc) but after this does anyone ever encounter problems with their axles or is the tranny still the weakness? I am fully rebuilding my engine this fall/winter and I want to go over everything starting with my fuel delivery down to the reliability and strength of the driveline.

So in short, are there any aftermarket companies/tuners out there that deal with the axles? or is this not needed?

P.s. I'm a noob to the forum and am not quite familiar with it but I did search previously, sorry if this is discussed regularly in here.

Thanks for your time,

Jshepherd - Thanks for the reply!

I forgot to mention that a quaiffe is going in there. Hopefully I won't run into problems with anything else then.

Thanks again,
Tom

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back