The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dsmlink tune on fresh motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroked_AWD

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 11, 2009
Transfer, Pennsylvania
I just got my motor back and i almost have it back in the gsx and i was wondering if the factory v3 tune will be good enough to break my motor in before i get it tuned. Oh and i have 880cc injectors not the 650s anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

As long as you haven't raised the compression a whole lot with the rebuild, the stock factory maps will be just fine for breakin. They are VERY conservative. The "880cc" injectors actually typically flow closer to 840cc, so set your Global Fuel for -46.4% and the Deadtime to 330uS for starters. It should be very close.
keydiver

As Jeff said, the "factory v3 tune" is just your ECU's stock maps. It's not like a full stand alone that needs to have a base map set up before starting the car. The only thing you need to change to get it running is your injector deadtime and global %. Then make sure your spark plug wires are swapped and if you have a stock CAS or 1g CAS, check the "Use non-95/96 cam angle sensor" box. And according to your profile you have a 6 bolt, so you'll want to uncheck the Cylinder Misfire box in the DTC window.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back