The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink DSMLink Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RT-AWD

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 28, 2007
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Ok, so, I'm thinking about getting DSM Link and have a few questions. I have a 1991 Talon TSi, it presently has an eprom ecu with a chip burning tune from my friend.

1. What all do i need to run Link on my MacBook Pro? I have OSX 10.6.7.

2. I have 1000cc injectors and i know that the chip will come with a baseline tune for those injectors etc. BUT how can i be sure that i wont go to do my first pull and blow the car up because it went lean or something?

3. My money is very tight, and at this point i want to run 25 psi on my built motor with 272 cams and a GM MAFT. Could i make the power i want (400 awhp) with DSMLink Lite? Then if i want to upgrade down the line do so.

4. How easy is the software to operate? I'm not a computer wiz but, I would say I'm above average.

5. What features would I miss out on if I went with Lite? Would I really miss these features?

1. You need to purchase a link package (either full or lite). Then download the software from them for the Mac.
2. Because they make sure the fuel global and deadtime settings are properly set, and everything else utilizes the stock maps. So the only thing that is changing is how the ECU sees the injectors.
3. You should be able to. You can always get lite and if you find out fairly quickly that you need full, it's just a firmware flash, so you don't need to send anything back in to them for the upgrade.
4. Very easy, as long as you do a bit of reading.
5. prodcompare [ECMTuning - wiki]

1. What all do i need to run Link on my MacBook Pro? I have OSX 10.6.7.

I have a MacBook running OS 10.6.7 and V3 runs flawlessly.

I'm currently using the Lite version and love it. I think you will be happy with the Lite version, the biggest thing is how high are you planning on revving those RPMs? On Lite the maps stop at 8k, so if you want to tune beyond 8k, you would need the Full version. It is important to note that you can still run past 8k, you just can't make additional changes to your maps.

Im making around 400hp on a big 16g @ 26 psi on V-3 Lite.... but its going out of the load range that V3-Lite can handle so i'm gonna be looking to upgrade soon... you can get the lite version just to get started, it's not as overwhelming as full V-3, then upgrade to the full version and it wont cost you any more than the difference....

Just make sure to read all of the instructions for set up . especially on the chip orientation. just a thought

few more questions:

1. Will i need to also purchase a wideband for my car? (currently have a narrow band)

2. Could i use the DSMLink on my friends computer to also tune my car (both 89-91 1gs)?

3. Could i use DSMlink to view the tune that is currently on my car to get an even better base tune?

4. If i bought DSMLink used what are the risks, and what all should i make sure i acquire in the deal?

few more questions:

1. Will i need to also purchase a wideband for my car? (currently have a narrow band)

2. Could i use the DSMLink on my friends computer to also tune my car (both 89-91 1gs)?

3. Could i use DSMlink to view the tune that is currently on my car to get an even better base tune?

4. If i bought DSMLink used what are the risks, and what all should i make sure i acquire in the deal?

1. No but its recomended.
2. Yes, as long as the software is installed and you have your link cable.
3. Yes.
4. Depends on who you get it from, make sure you get the chip itself and the link cable.

Yes his cable should work fine as well.

When you buy lite or full you will get a link cable and a new chip you will have to remove your ecu from your car and remove your burned chip and replace it with DSMLinks chip then put everything back together and hook up your laptop and start tuning.

Ray,

If you have any questions regarding link give me a call. I'm running V3 full in my car, it's very easy to use and if you need any help, i'd be glad to give you a hand. You do have my 1st DSM, haha.

Jon

Ray,

If you have any questions regarding link give me a call. I'm running V3 full in my car, it's very easy to use and if you need any help, i'd be glad to give you a hand. You do have my 1st DSM, haha.

Jon

Thanks Jon, i certainly will.
p.s. i dont have your number anymore it went swimming with my old phone so just pm it to me thanks!

My other post must have not posted correctly but I am currently seeking DSM link v2.5 or V3 lite or full. Haven't had any responses to my WTB ad so, if anyone is selling or, knows someone selling their copy, i am interested and am paypal verified.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back