The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM-ZERO 2gnt 420a goes to the track

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM-ZERO

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
OK everyone let me start off by saying i have a new found respect for people that can go low 10's and 9's even 8's FWD with a 5 speed

Ok the being said I went 12.844 @ 120mph MISSING 3rd gear....
1.7 60 foot
5.1 330 foot
8.0 1/8 mile
I did not get that many passes cause it started raining and the one time i did go for it i miss 3rd gear so the car fell outta boost, I put it back into 3rd and still run a 12.84.

This was a huge learning experience for me. I wa staking in everything the shop was telling me and just trying to do my best.

The other Passes i did were to just see if the car was driving straight and then learning how to launch it....ALSO MY 2step WAS not working.....I was just launching the car off of my e-brake.

I love this car and i know next sunday im just gonna go faster all in all im very pleased with how good i did for it being my first time out .... I just need more seat time thats all

THANKS to PFI Brent, B, Cotter Pin, and Alicia For all your help, info and support

When my car was fwd i went 12.70s at 117 with street tires. I can NOT drive fwd LOL. I do however know its a LOT more involved than a rwd/awd car and just jumping in it and going 10s. Suspension, tires, tire pressure, and variable boost is much more than ID want to handle LOL.

Not bad for your first pass out though. What boost were you running because you didnt trap very high?

Edit: HOLY CRAP 5.1 in the 8th??!?

Yeah I think that those times would be more likea 9.1 1/8th mile maybe 8.1. Did you turn down the boost on this run because I'll be honest even missing 3rd I thought this car would run low 12's wth the power you put down on the dyno. I guess that's why dsm guys don't care as much about the dyno shees and time slips. Good luck next time out. Hopefully you know what to do different to get this car where it should be now.

Boost was the same just missed 3rd thats all.....I just need more seat time it was really my first time driving the car in 5 years
and
I also need to move my seat up like 2 inches too cause once im staped in i have to reach for 3rd gear so thats part of the problem too

OK everyone let me start off by saying i have a new found respect for people that can go low 10's and 9's even 8's FWD with a 5 speed

Ok the being said I went 12.844 @ 120mph MISSING 3rd gear....
1.7 60 foot
5.1 330 foot
8.0 1/8 mile

Excellent, man. Looking great. You had to blow off a couple of runs just to get an idea of where all the parts and pieces were gonna land. Need input on shift points, launch points, tracking of the car, boost levels etc..

....ALSO MY 2step WAS not working.....I was just launching the car off of my e-brake.

I love this car and i know next sunday im just gonna go faster all in all im very pleased with how good i did for it being my first time out .... I just need more seat time thats all

You're doing consistant 1.7's right off the bat (boosting off the e-brake on top of that). That's a huge step in itself. All you're looking at now is seat time and shift points. Eff'ing excellent :hellyeah:

Great first time out, congrats,

MB

Rob this is Ryan..... call me if your coming down next weekend for sure and let me know i will show up again and help out with anything.....also i need your email for the launch video i got low quality but i still got one hit me up brotha man

Yeah I didn't even notice that. 1.7 60' times without a 2 step is real good for fwd which shows that the shifting and the shift points in general need to be worked on because your launching seems to be A OK

Yes i love the way it felt launching out of the hole

all i did was let it bounce off the rev limmiter preload the clutch hold the ebrake then let go once the light went green. And the car takes off

Also i was running 10psi in my tires

granted i'm not boosted, but I can tell ya that with a FWD, my first time at the track was a huge learning experiance. My first timeslip was wretched, but I got to run back to back fairly quick, and every run down the track improved immensly. Experiance is the best teacher for FWD, its all a feel thing. I have full faith that with your numbers, you will be hitting 10's as soon as you get more runs under your belt.

DAAMMNNNN!!!! What did that other car have in it? Looks kind of like a honda hatch. I'm guessing it was boosted.

watch the video again.. when they both pull up to the line the honda is doing a burn out and you can her the bov pretty well..

sounds and looks good going down the track zero... a lil more seat time is all you need man haha
subscribed

sent you the first run launch vid i will call you on sat and let you know if i will make it to bandi or not

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back