The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSM Link v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob_drake2

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 26, 2012
Baytown, Texas
Alright I have a '95 Eclipse GS-T and I was wondering how the DSM Link works and when I go to get online how should it be setup? I'll probably be getting it from this site:
ECMLink (DSMLink V3) Engine Management System - Modern Automotive Performance

Like what should I put in the blanks?
I know this:
It is an Eprom ecu
ECU Type: 2G
Fuel Injectors: 550
but what does MAF type 2g vs Hacked 2g mean and would I need a GM MAF Cable

Also I've looked into how to set up bolt-ons and was told from other guys here parts that would work without going into the engine internals to reach somewhere around 310 hp. This is what I've found and wanted to check if they'd all work together or your opinions:

Brian Crower Street/Strip Camshafts 272/272
GReddy (Denso) 550cc Fuel Injectors
MAP Beehive Valve Spring Kit w/ Titanium Retainers (Evo 8/9)
MAP AFPR Install Kit with Fuelab Regulator (DSM)
ECMLink / DSMLink v3 Engine Management System
Walbro 255lph High Pressure Fuel Pump and Install Kit
Megan Racing Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold DSM
and a Garrett Big T28 Turbo

-Megan turbo manifold
-VRSF intercooler kit
-Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
-EMLink V3 (send to get socketed)
-Brian Crower Camshafts 272/272
-FIC 550cc injectors
-MAP Beehive valve spring kit w/retainers (evo 8/9)
-AFPR fuel lab regulator
-APR cylinder head studs
-FEL-PRO 9627PT head gasket
-Innovate Auto TURBO Timer + LC-1 Cable + O2 Sensor KIT
-16g turbo MHI
-exhaust system

I think that's all but if I missed anything let me know. Thanks for all the great info so far though. Helps me out greatly.

Unless you're going to be removing the head anyway, Cams, headgasket and studs are unnecessary for 300hp goals and a lot of extra work.

Im running a 14b at 25lbs without a great tune and im still making ~300 awhp, with a factory side mount intercooler. I am running into heat soak tho so a FMIC is in the near future for me.

You can pick up a 14b for like $100 online instead of $400-500 for a MHI 16g. Then later on down the road you can have a 14b rebuilt into a 16/18/20g.

well I wouldn't mind going over 300-310 hp. Who wouldn't? but I was doing it just in case later on I might decide to up it a little, but we'll see what happens and what happens with this. plus i'll be able to learn how to fix anything later down the road if I replace it now. This is my first dsm and car like this, I'm used to driving a Chevrolet truck where there's plenty of room to do anything like put your hands in the engine bay haha.

I'll keep that turbo in mind though, like I said I don't know much about turbos yet, but I plan on it.

On the megan manifold I plan on getting it because the stock one isn't in the greatest condition and hasn't been replaced. I'd feel safer just replacing it myself. megan was the only manifold I found really, nothing else I could find was there that was a reasonable price.

You can always find a used 16g 14b lying around somewhere, with supporting mods you should be able to get to 310 with a 16, i ran close to 330 on my evo turbo with some tuning, years ago when i first started with my fwd turbo.

well I wouldn't mind going over 300-310 hp. Who wouldn't? but I was doing it just in case later on I might decide to up it a little, but we'll see what happens and what happens with this. plus i'll be able to learn how to fix anything later down the road if I replace it now. This is my first dsm and car like this, I'm used to driving a Chevrolet truck where there's plenty of room to do anything like put your hands in the engine bay haha.

I'll keep that turbo in mind though, like I said I don't know much about turbos yet, but I plan on it.

On the megan manifold I plan on getting it because the stock one isn't in the greatest condition and hasn't been replaced. I'd feel safer just replacing it myself. megan was the only manifold I found really, nothing else I could find was there that was a reasonable price.
I was wondering how much horsepower you wanted and if you plan on spending the money on your list above then you will have lots of room to make more than 310 hp. Just dont forget down the road you will need fuel management.;)
Just to keep it simple for now, make sure you get new timing components, belt, tensioner etc.(you can get an Oem kit) I highly recommend doing this, you dont want to be using the old timing belt. Other than that, your list looks good man:thumb:
You can research what turbo you want and i dont recomment the megan manifold. I have the FP manifold as recommended above and guys have gone over 600 hp on it. No cracking issues, etc. Its on holiday sale too Forced Performance Turbochargers: FP DSM Race Manifold

Yes there is a lot can research on itll come down to really what he wants to do, and his plan. If you stay with dsms youll learn a lot and change your mind on some things as you go. But that's half he fun.

I plan to have whatever hp I can get pretty much. I don't want to go to far into the engine and redo it and also I will mainly be driving this car on the road and maybe tack it to the local track on a Friday night or something. Just depends on how I feel hah. If I get more hp out of those parts then I'd be happy with it too. Which fuel management? not real sure what you mean since I'm just now kinda learning more about this.
Yeah I've had those replaced within the last 6 months and haven't driven it to much, but i'll be checking them again for sure just like everything else (oil change, fluids, etc.) just to be safe.
Thanks though, it took me awhile trying to figure out and I guess thus was basically finishing it up for me and getting any other opinions and advice. Alright i'll check that out, like I said I wasn't sure and I wasn't sold on the megan but now I have a couple to check out. Plus it always helps that it's a little cheaper.

I plan to have whatever hp I can get pretty much. I don't want to go to far into the engine and redo it and also I will mainly be driving this car on the road and maybe tack it to the local track on a Friday night or something. Just depends on how I feel hah. If I get more hp out of those parts then I'd be happy with it too. Which fuel management? not real sure what you mean since I'm just now kinda learning more about this.
Yeah I've had those replaced within the last 6 months and haven't driven it to much, but i'll be checking them again for sure just like everything else (oil change, fluids, etc.) just to be safe.
Thanks though, it took me awhile trying to figure out and I guess thus was basically finishing it up for me and getting any other opinions and advice. Alright i'll check that out, like I said I wasn't sure and I wasn't sold on the megan but now I have a couple to check out. Plus it always helps that it's a little cheaper.
No problem. If you have extra cash in the budget, i highly recommend Dsmlink v3
ECMTuning, Inc.
v3summary [ECMTuning - wiki]
If you plan going highe boost later on and your getting the wideband, you can log it through dsmlink and tune directly. L ike i said before it is all up to you, just recommending from experience , dsmlink has worked wonders in tuning for me.
As for the manifold, honestly its the best cast manifold you can buy considering the cost. They are in McKinney too, a lot closer in tx to you. Check em out;)

yeah I wasn't bashing megan products I just haven't heard much about them to make a for sure decision between them and the product phantom suggested hah.

yeah I had the dsmlink V3 on my list everyone has told me how great it is and how much it'll help. I just need to learn how to use it and understand it when I do get it. yeah i'll look more into them and their overall products.

Ok I'm bringing this post back up to talk more about the turbo. I was told to get the MHI brand turbo. What I want to know from my setup I have on here what am I able to get. I want as much as I can get without going internally in my engine right now. If I'm able to get a 20G that can be on without engine internals, should I get that over the Big 16G or EVO III Big 16G Turbo? I wouldn't ming doing engine internals but not just yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back