The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Do I need an oil restrictor - HX35

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsfutbol17

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Bellingham, Washington
I'm sorry if I have missed a clear answer to my question in one of the holset threads, I have gone through them and may have missed it.

I got my car started and I have my oil pressure gauge on the feed line at the filter housing because it wouldn't fit at the turbo. Cold pressure is around 75psi then at warm idle its around 20psi. Slowly free reving, it gets to 75psi by 7k. I plan to shift at 8k, but didn't rev it that high since I saw 75psi already. I'm using -4an SS line with the holset adapter from extremepsi.

I'm not sure if a restrictor is neccessary because I am just on the upper limit at the housing, so I would assume the turbo is seeing if not the same pressure, slightly less. But this was also all done just sitting in neutral, so maybe my pressure is different if I was actually driving on the street.

I'm pulling the turbo, so I figured I would put the restrictor on now if need be.

Do I need a restrictor? It would have to go at the filter housing. If so, how do I determine the appropriate size for my circumstance? Thanks

I would run one. Justin should be able to give you a suggestion on exactly which size.

Yeah...right after he advices the OP he doesn't need one...

Sorry to thread jack, but what would be a "high" psi for your oil pressure on a hx35?

While that is what the manual states, I see no problem letting it get to 85 or so, more than that and you might have issues.
Cold with no load, perhaps. Also keep in mind that most DSM Holset users aren't using the appropriate drain spec to handle inlet pressures beyond what is recommended.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back