The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Do i need a bare block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoguntalon

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2003
logan, Utah
Hey i'm hopefully gonna take a block to get machined soon and i was wondering if i need to strip it to just the block and the crank or can they do all that needs to be done with the pulley's and things still attached. i have taken the head off. If not does anyone know of a good trick to get the pulley's to not move while you are trying to undo the bolts while the engine is out of the car?

LOL usually u do have to take it all apart especially if its blown. he also need to have ## piston sizes for bore size and other things it's been a while i did mine. i would talk to the guy at the machine shop first. he should be able to tell u what u need. now i think some machine shop can take ## bottom end apart but I'm not sure. i personally know the guy who own the machine shop in my town so he does most of my engine block work. (piston and rods) etc...

ooh I'm guessing u don't have power tools so just put the belt back on if u can and loosen all the bolts and then u can remove the belt. if not try to use a screwdriver otherwise take it to a shop near by and they'll take it out for u.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back