The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Direct port N2O on an Evo3 intake pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate Crisman

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2008
Blairstown, New_Jersey
Finished up installing a direct port nitrous kit on an Evo3 intake manifold with bracket to mount the solenoids. Everything fit pretty well, I had to get little standoff's for the fuel noid so the dist block would sit on top of the other, but IMHO the whole setup is pretty sweet.

The kit is a mixture of different parts, mostly an NOS brand 4port kit that I picked up used. I picked up (8) 1/8"npt to -3AN stainless 12" hoses from ZEX for a whopping $9/each to replace the bent 3/16" hard lines. Those are a pita to make and SS hoses weren't that much more money than the parts to bend new hard lines. I felt I could live with the purple ends since they were cheap compared to $18/each NOS wanted for SS hoses.

I picked up SS flare jets from Nitrous Supply for about a hundred bucks: (4 each) .020 to .032 in .002 increments, so I'll have plenty of adjustability between 100 and 175hp on various fuel types.

I started out with .024 nitrous and .020 fuel jets....which should be good for 115hp at 950psi bottle pressure and a 3.3:1 N/F ratio at 40psi of base fuel pressure. It will be stupid rich on E85, mildly rich on 50/50 meth&E85, and likely just about right for 100% methanol. Always best to start out rich and tune from there, and I can always go up to a .026N jet for 125hp if it's too rich or go down in bottle pressure (would be right about 100hp at 800psi). Im not completely sure what fuel Im going to start the season out on yet.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for posting that up, I might switch to SS lines if my hard lines don't line up.

Thanks for posting that up, I might switch to SS lines if my hard lines don't line up.

i got frustrated with the steel lines because I had to make such compound bends due to the foggers being closer together being on the back of the intake manifold....the foggers are only about 2" apart on the back but are more like 3.5" apart on the runners near the head flange where most people would typically isntall a direct port on a smim. It ended up where every line had to make 270* worth of bends and it fit/looked like crap. Thankfully I only invested $6 into a 72" long 3/16" brake line from NAPA to mock it up, as I had a feeling at the start that hard lines would be pita, so I didn't end up buying and wasting any of the expensive SS 3/16" lines from NOS.

The stainless braided hoses are definately the best way to go. reuseable on different car/intake. Flexable and leak free. Only two sealing surfaces that can possibly leak (the flare on the jet and the 1/8" npt threads on the dist block) compared to the hard lines that have many sealing surfaces and threads to leak from. On methanol fuel, it's an issue, as the meth likes to eat up sealing surfaces and AN fittings.

It wasn't that expensive either...summit had these ZEX hoses: -4 Diameter...with a -3 AN fitting and 1/8" NPT male ends: $8.95 each. I think the NOS 3/16" stainless hard lines were about $59 for a pack of 8 unbent lines, and if you screw one up...buy another pack of 8!

Im seeing "danger to manifold" flashing follows by the floor board falling out. Please tell me that's a sales prop. I count at least 3 stages all completely different set ups. Way cool though, kinda like an engine cutaway.

I don't say this a lot.
And I'm not a nitrous user.
But damn that's pretty.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back