The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Differences in 95 ISC and Black Revised

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araesk

Proven Member
Jul 10, 2013
Muskego, Wisconsin
I had the P0505 code for IAC, so while my car was out of commission for winter I figured I'd pick up a new one. Well I happened to pick up a black revised ISC, and popped it in to see if it would work. I turned that car on, and after it starts up, it climbs to about 2500 RPM's, then drops down to a surge between 1300-1700 RPM's. Then after that, it slowly drops down until the car dies. I decided to put my old brown IAC in, and the car idles fine.

I tested the resistance of both, and it seems that on the black revised one i received, all the ohms are at about 40 and no dead plugs. On my old brown one, I cannot get a response out of 1&2, and5&6 but it runs fine on the car.:confused:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just for clarification.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know what it could be!

Try this disconnect the battery to reset the code and plug the new ISC/IAC don't forget the o-ring also you shouldn't have any issues swapping ISCs. So turn one the car let it idle turn it off and turn in back on to see if the CEL still there. If still there chances are:
Bad ISC
Bad wiring or plug
Burnt ISC driver in the ECU
Also check the coils see video below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KibYz21IMA0

I tried to adjust the idle, but no matter what i set the idle to, over time the car would still slowly die out. (The whole all the way in and 2 full turns out didn't really work, nor any amount of turns out after that).

As for the coils, that's what I was referring to when I said I was testing resistances. The black one has all within range, the brown one coils 1 and 6 appear to be dead. I'm thinking it could possibly be a burnt driver onto the ECU from the looks of things seeing as the battery was disconnected for a whole day before I installed the new ISC.

The old one may be stuck closed, hiding incorrect idle adjustments that show up with the working isc. Install the black one but plug in the old one. Rev the engine, you should see the isc move in and out with the revs. If not then it's bad.
To utilize the new /good black isc, you should reset and adjust all your idle settings. Which include the throttle plate stop screw, Biss screw, and tps position. Stop screw needs to be backed out all the way, then adjust tps to .57 volts. Then adjust stop screw till tps reads .63-.65 volts. Then lock it down. .67v=1% throttle. Then screw Biss screw all the in then back out 1.5-2 turns. Then you need to ground timing pin to lock timing at 5° and initiate learn made for the ecu. Then adjust idle to desired rpm. 750-850rpm is ideal idle.

I'll test out to see if the old isc is opening at all tomorrow and report back. In the meanwhile looks like I got some serious reading up to do on all the intake components and how they work. Thank you for the responses and I'll report back tomorrow night with the update!

Pinned against the firewall underneath the battery tray actually. I have to dig up my 8mm socket I dropped in there though when trying to reinstall the ISC.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back