The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Dialing in Idle Tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livedsm4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 1, 2008
Auburn Hills, Michigan
So i had a bad idle surge and I finally found out it was my BISS screw. Anyways I have started all over in tuning my car and i was setting my airflow/rev to be 0.25 and my combft to be 0-3%. With doing all of this it has made me put my deadtime for these injectors to 600 and my wideband is reading lean as you can see in the log.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

And a blt was done just the other day. I had to replace my intake manifold gasket due to a leak. Everything is sealed up.

Attachments

• log.2011.02.28-01.elg
    7.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know where it's located as well. It's possible there is an exhaust leak before the sensor that is allowing extra air to enter which will throw off the reading.

You are pulling quite a bit of timing on your sliders. Are you getting a lot of timing pull from knock in the higher RPMs? If so, have you verified it's real knock and not just a bad sensor?

Located in the downpipe. Right by the transfer case at 10 o'clock. I know it's not the sensor because it has been running fine until I decided to get my airflow per revs right with my combined fuel trim. I'm starting to wonder if it is my injectors. I was told
They were 950s but they say denso on them. I can get it to idle smoothly
At 14.7 but then my airflow per revs is off along with my combft.

Since he's v2.5 he has no DA timing tables which leaves him with the timing sliders, remember how aggressive the 1g maps are Scott? If you're still getting knock from timing advance use this ---> 2g timing in a 1g

Check for exhaust leaks before the WB and after the front o2 sensor. The front o2 sensor is showing a stoich mixture at idle while your WB is showing lean, this indicates post front o2 and pre WB o2 exhaust leaks... say at the o2/downpipe flange or in a flex section before the WB sensor.

:dsm:

If increasing your deadtime to 600 usecs is what you've got to do to get your idle FT's in check doesn't mean theres a problem with the injectors. If your injector globals didn't make sense for the injector size/fuel pressure then I would tell you to pull them and get them bench tested.

That idle log looks fine, just figure out that WB issue. Does the gauge actually show it idling lean, not just in your logs?

:dsm:

They both read the same. Lean from 16-20 afr.

Here is a new log. You can now see that my wideband and afrest is almost the same. Any idea why it is still lean? No exhaust leaks either.

Attachments

• log.2011.03.02-11.elg
    5.1 KB · Views: 60
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back