The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink dialing in my tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which makes perfect sense. Knock increases with engine load (or timing advance), and unless you are cruising at a nice even speed on perfectly flat ground (and not counting launches, passes, etc)...overdrive puts the most load on the engine, especially when it first shifts into it.

Once you get everything ironed out, you should be able to get rid of that OD knock with a little tuning
Any reason why mafcomp is ok if no downshift but i go rich when it does?

I haven't seen a log that shows exactly what you are referring to (haven't looked for one), but MAFComp is a simple linear adjustment. By that I mean, it allows you to compensate for airflow (and therefore AFR) at certain amounts of airflow...but it doesn't allow you to compensate for different airflow (engine load) relative to different RPM points. When you downshift you are drastically changing the engine load and RPM, and there are going to be fluctuations around those points.

That is one big advantage that SD has over a MAF setup. You have full access to any RPM/airflow point throughout the engine's operation. But, there are always going to be transition areas that are going to fluctuate.

I haven't seen a log that shows exactly what you are referring to (haven't looked for one), but MAFComp is a simple linear adjustment. By that I mean, it allows you to compensate for airflow (and therefore AFR) at certain amounts of airflow...but it doesn't allow you to compensate for different airflow (engine load) relative to different RPM points. When you downshift you are drastically changing the engine load and RPM, and there are going to be fluctuations around those points.

That is one big advantage that SD has over a MAF setup. You have full access to any RPM/airflow point throughout the engine's operation. But, there are always going to be transition areas that are going to fluctuate.
Makes sense and better to be rich then lean when wot i suppose. If i make it match up through downshift ill be super rich while normal driving

Getting very close.. The guys at ECM tuning told me autos should be tuned in 2nd so I have been doing my best to dial it in that way... When I drive normal afrs match pretty close.. when I WOT i get that bit of variance that you see in th 7-900hz range..

This weekend I am installing an AFPR so that might change some of these afrs anyway but I think Im close. Thanks to everyone that is helping me on this.

Attachments

• log.2015.01.23-01.elg
    16.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back