The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Deleting Emissions = CEL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seriph

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2007
Panama City, Florida
I'm doing some maintenance on my car and while in the process my friend was wondering if we could delete the emissions without having a CEL come on?
Thank you in advance.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Are there any benefits to having this done?

No problem. You have less things in your engine bay and less vacuum lines that may eventually leak. Blocking off the egr keeps those hot exhaust gasses from your intake manifold. But overall there no real performance benefit.

If you need a block off for your egr valve go to a junkyard and snag one off of a 1.8l 1g most of them come with block off plates from the factory. oh yea grab the shorter bolts also.

another option for the egr blockoff plate is just to make one out of 1/8" sheet metal. very easy shape to cut out and just two holes to drill for the bolts. took me 1 hour with an angle grinder, vice (or something to hold while you cut), and a drill.

What about emission testing there in FLA?

If they just do CO and HC, EGR blockage is okey, but might get in trouble if they do an underhood inspection to see if the EGR is still in place (I did the blockoff, but bolted the EGR valve over top of the blockoff plate and left the vacuum lines intact so the inspectors can see the EGR valve intact) But, if they also sniff for NOx, EGR valve has to remain in the system.

What about emission testing there in FLA?

If they just do CO and HC, EGR blockage is okey, but might get in trouble if they do an underhood inspection to see if the EGR is still in place (I did the blockoff, but bolted the EGR valve over top of the blockoff plate and left the vacuum lines intact so the inspectors can see the EGR valve intact) But, if they also sniff for NOx, EGR valve has to remain in the system.

In Panama City Florida, everyone could care less about emissions haha. My buddy on here, v8s_are_slow, is running his exhaust right through the side of his bumper and nobody had ever batted an eyelash over it. That being said, emissions are no problem down here...thankfully. ( I know this is off topic, but since we have no emissions testing, we pay in the form of not having any e85 around here so it kind of cancels out haha, you can't have the best of both worlds...at least not in panama city at least.):thumb:

I just did an emissions delete on my car that I started for the first time 2 days ago and the CEL came on for "multiple selenoid malfunction".. I forget the code, I think it was a P1750 but not 100% sure since i cleared the code LOL.

Any ideas on what could cause this??

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did an emissions delete on my car that I started for the first time 2 days ago and the CEL came on for "multiple selenoid malfunction".. I forget the code, I think it was a P1750 but not 100% sure since i cleared the code LOL.

Any ideas on what could cause this??

P1750 is not emissions related, its an auto transmission code.

Well what's the p1750 code for, I'm not 100% sure that was the exact code because I didnt write it down? The code reader read multiple selenoid malfunction if i remember right, the way I took it it had to do with my emissions delete. Am I thinking wrong??

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what's the p1750 code for, I'm not 100% sure that was the exact code because I didnt write it down? The code reader read multiple selenoid malfunction if i remember right, the way I took it it had to do with my emissions delete. Am I thinking wrong??

P1750 is not emissions related, its an auto transmission code.

He already answered it, if your not sure go recheck the code and search it up online.

The p1750 code is for solenoid malfunction, transmission solenoids not emissions solenoids.

The p1750 code is for solenoid malfunction, transmission solenoids not emissions solenoids.

If this is true then why does o2, CAT, EGR, HTR all flash on the code reader above the reading? I work at oriellys and have been doing diagnostick checks for over 2 years now and it will always flash symptoms at the top of our expensive code reader.

If this is true then why does o2, CAT, EGR, HTR all flash on the code reader above the reading? I work at oriellys and have been doing diagnostick checks for over 2 years now and it will always flash symptoms at the top of our expensive code reader.

O2, CAT, HTR aren't solenoids so they those wouldn't give a code as solenoid malfunction. The o2 sensors, and emissions stuff all have there own codes they don't just come up as solenoid malfunction, they are more specific. I don't know why your code reader says that, but p1750 is for transmission solenoids. Sometimes code readers show generic codes and not manufacturer specific codes. Have you done a search on this site for p1750? According to your profile you do have an auto trans so its possible that's where the problem is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back