The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

cut wires everywhere!!! I have pictures! any ideas?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC2RPM

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2009
Watertown, New_York
Ok well first of all its not my dimmer switch. I have tried all that. The problem im having is im not getting power to the dimmer... But anyways there are so many cut wires underneith the dash that I dont even know where to begin. Can you guys look at your cars and try to give me an idea as to what goes where??!!! This is extremely fustrating!

Ok so this a red wire with a white stripe that I have no clue where its suppose to go along with the green/white wire that has a connector which reads no volts when the lights are turned on. It is to the right of the fusebox. As you can see the clutch pedal is beside the wires.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This one, there is some sort of connector that is just hanging down. Disregard the disconnected clutch safety switch. I have that one disconnected on purpose. There is not a place for this behind the white fusebox up top either, I have already checked. It reads 12V constant. There are another two wires red/white that are going nowhere as you all can tell.

The third is In my steering column. What do these two bent connectors go to?

I forgot to mention that all my fuses are good.

I have more pictures found here on my photobucket. Pictures by KC2RPM - Photobucket

Looks like the previous owner had a sound system in there and went crazy hunting for external power...but did the job by himself instead of a professional install...
Usually, like the red/white laying there prob is the same wire, but was cut to add a switch inbetween the cut. And the green/white has a blue tapping clamp attached to draw current from a source.

Those blue things are clamp tapping units where one can splice into a wire without cutting the wire. Definitely a hack job under the dash.

Fun finding "spider webs" under a dash created by 3rd world wire 'spiders'

-DSM

I'm pretty sure that is from an alarm install. I pulled out an aftermarket alarm from my 2g and it looked similar: scary with wires everywhere. Just make sure all of the wires that were tapped and/or cut connect back with the original wire and everything should work fine. A wiring diagram is a big help in this situation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back