The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Custom turbo kit need some assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just an update on what I am thinking:

2.2l stroker
turbo kit from www.thestreetsource.net T3/T4 57 trim
3" exhaust
Hahn portfueler
255lph fuel pump
1.1 fmu
fmic
custom chrome piping
k&n cai
hks ssbov
act 2600
short throw shifter
boost, oil pressure, air/fuel, egt gauges
boost controller
air/fuel controller

I am also thinking of using the guts from a neon tranny like hahns did

99rs said:
Just an update on what I am thinking:

2.2l stroker
turbo kit from www.thestreetsource.net T3/T4 57 trim
3" exhaust
Hahn portfueler
255lph fuel pump
1.1 fmu
fmic
custom chrome piping
k&n cai
hks ssbov
act 2600
short throw shifter
boost, oil pressure, air/fuel, egt gauges
boost controller
air/fuel controller

must be nice to have all the dough :p

now to the real criticism..... :sneaky:
1.1 fmu :confused: ...maybe a 1:1 fpr ?
k&n cai umm, what do u mean...some extra fmic piping with a filter on the end? :cool:
hks ssbov...I guess you're referring to the ssqv? :shhh:
don't waste money on a narrowband a/f gauge :nono: ...get a wideband
air/fuel controller...why? WTF ...what's the portfueler for?

:boring:

99rs said:
I am also thinking of using the guts from a neon tranny like hahns did
ok

good luck :thumb:

Sorry didn't read that post about the selling for a factory turbo one, but I just saw so much effort and money to be put in, it woulda just been easier to take the factory turbo route. Its ok, everyone hates me on the forum but they still answer my questions.

napkinthief said:
Its ok, everyone hates me on the forum.

Glad you finally realized :p j'k, no one hates you. People will hate on you when you have a thread going about turboing your 420a and you go into someone elses thread about them turboing their 420a, and recommend that they not. It's just plain silly. :nono:

99rs...Seriously, before you considering working on your car. please do some research before posting about "what you're thinking". As Xmasta stated, you're obviously alittle bit off :shhh: .

We want to help you, but when you post things like that. It makes you look ignorant as can be, and with all the people that are "turbo'd" with no proof of backing it up, it makes us wonder..

WTF
newbasaurus maximus arelius said:
Its ok, everyone hates me on the forum but they still answer my questions.
OMG .....I wonder how long that's going to last :notgood:

Boosted98gsx said:
If that's your goal, you might want to reconsider turbo-ing an N/A. Putting boost on the 420a is going to get you quite far from reliable.
Dude don't be talking about reliable when your car well blow from crank walk.:dsm:

XMasta19 said:
umm, have you heard of SPEC? :thumb:
yea i have a spec stage 2 its a great clutch. and whos the guy who said to get a ACT he must not know a thing about 420A's because they don't make a clutch for are cars. LOL:dsm:

wow, I loved this thread....thanks for bringing it back LOL

anywho, how long have you had your clutch

A little over a year now. It was 450 I beleave. real grabby. also it has allen bolts that hold the pressure plate and clutch to the flywheel plate. instead of studs like on the oem. I would like to find out what type of pressure plate and clutch it is and if you can buy them without the flywheel plate. Cause I can unbolt it and replace them. and save some money if I want to upgrade.:dsm:

nope he's on the money with the pricing

http://www.specclutch.com/

But I'm definatly a plus (+) advocate, I've got the stage 3+ clutch on my eclipse and I love how it feels like a stock clutch and then boom grabs like a stage 3. A lot easier to handle during traffic now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back