The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Custom IC hanging and pipe build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboglenn

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
RIpley, West_Virginia
Sorry, it's not a DSM, but a 240sx with a rb20 swap.. I had to plasma cut a little bit out of the bumpper back edge and from one side of it's support but far far less than what i saw most others removing on the S body forums when researching to start this project

The pipes are from CXRacing (or just intercoolers as they are knwon)

not sure where the core came from as the customer had that already

sorry the pics were taken with my blackberry so thye aren't the best... and in the last pic, the IC is not crooked, the bumper is not bolted on and is just hung there... the customer loves it, but the wiring to finish this thing to get it running looks like a nightmare LOL

Attachments

• IMG00045-20100716-2059.jpg
    IMG00045-20100716-2059.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG00046-20100717-1811.jpg
    IMG00046-20100717-1811.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG00047-20100717-1811.jpg
    IMG00047-20100717-1811.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG00048-20100717-1811.jpg
    IMG00048-20100717-1811.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG00049-20100717-1822.jpg
    IMG00049-20100717-1822.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 231
the core is bigger than it looks height wise (the top inlet angles downwards) it's some ebay jobby marked "JDM" and seems to be popular in the 240sx crowd as i found many pics of this exact cooler on them.. i didn't buy it , just installed it LOL

Looks good, don't you hate how you measure and put the core level the the vehicle body and then the bumper cover is crooked and makes the IC look crooked. I am at a constant battle with my car over it, I guess I have minor OCD...

Don't you think it's kind of pointless if only 1/3 of the core is getting air?

I do what i'm paid to do, and about 2/3rds of the core is exposed (before putting the bumper cover on anyway) and to be honest the pics are folling your eyes, the bumper steps "out" up top and there's room for flow rto reach almost 100% of it... But the owner wanted to keep as much of the bumper as possible. There;s a lot of things on this car that don't make sense (like why he's using the t25 on an rb26 after paying all the money for the swap) And using stock ECU and harness, but the kid has more money than car experience so he's putting this together the way he wants and although i've gave him my opinions ultimately it's his decision as to what gets done.

The car doesn't have fans yet, still has the OEM mitsu BOV and is having me put a HKS SSQ on while it's still MAF inducted. He only knows from what he's read on the 'net and what people locally are telling him (which a lot of it is bad info) BUt slowly he is learning from me what is what and how to make power, and i believe that once this car is done it will be a very nice ride, but along the way in the mean time there's going to be some hard learning on his behalf ( not to mention this aint a bad car for a kid that JUST graduated high school)

I wish i had a car that nice at age 19

Looks good, don't you hate how you measure and put the core level the the vehicle body and then the bumper cover is crooked and makes the IC look crooked. I am at a constant battle with my car over it, I guess I have minor OCD...

yea, i've battled that countless hours on my car i have a core that's shaped like a triangle with the end tanks (top to bottom flow) and when i measure the core, it's stright,m but the angled tanks give the illusion that it's sitting crooked as hell LOL

once i bolted the bumper on this car it all came out looing very nice to be honest... he was very happy with the work and now i'm doing a TON more stuff to it i guess (originally it was just the IC and some wires) now i'm fabbing up all kinds of things that he's been dreaming up

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back