The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Custom DP build this weekend, ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Also my brother has been telling me to do an oil filter relocation, but I have too little knowledge about them. But then I could relocate the filter and keep my housing and cooler. Any one have any experience or anything with them?

i've seen these filter relocation kits on ebay, seems like it's a pretty good idea if you can find a spot to put it in, maybe a wheel well or behind the bumper. i've considered doing it myself but my dp is stock so i dont see a need for it.

Finally got something welded up.
Also got the correct motor mount bracket in the car. For some reason the previous owner had a GVR4 front bracket and pulled the motor about an inch or more down and forward closing the DP space. I will try some more mock up tomorrow and see how it looks.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wow, that's a tight fit. Are you using a stock 1g oil filter? Pick up an evo filter and see if that gives you some more room.

My buddy told me just cut all 15° angles for pie cut makes it a little easier and can make most angles.

Starting to make a little progress. Its pretty hard not having a welder to tack things together but I guess hose clamps will have to do for now.

Finally! A down pipe. Electrical tape really goes a long way with it's uses, and holding tubing together is one. It clears the manifold, oil filter, oil pan, cross member and transfer case with 1/2" clearances or more. And I think it looks good :thumb: thanks to Lombardo and Dave ( 92nolatist ) for there help.
Tomorrow I will be bringing it to work and tack everything up, recheck all clearances and if ok then I will make final welds.
What do you think?
Ps had to test out the anti lag! Dave pushing 40+psi on the 2-step.

I will be working on revision C this week.

Hmmmm..... Good call, I honestly never looked into in to that. I will have to check this out tomorrow as it might be a potential problem.
Are concerned that the oil drain has a bump in the line, its a bit elevated right before the pan. Maybe its the angle of the picture.

I relocated my oil filter with one of the ebay kits to the bumper and it works great and free'd up alot of space...

To be honest I haven't worked on the DP for a couple of weeks now because I kind of got stuck and moved on to finishing other projects on the car to utilize my time. I will be hopping back on the DP soon as I dont have too many more things to do before I can tie everything up and start the car.
I see what you are saying about the spacer at the top to give some extra space but then that would interfere with my oil filter space. What I plan on doing it taking out like 2" about the vband connection and making up the difference with the bottom part of the DP. This would also solve my situation with the vband flange being so close to the oil drain line. I will continue to post pics and progress as I make it. Thanks for continuing to post even though this thread has been dead for a couple weeks. Adds motivation and ideas to finish it up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back