The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Current (2015) known FWD dyno record? Searched..

How much FWHP is TOO much for a street driven 1g....

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90laserRSfwd

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2007
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Been searching different sites and have yet to see anything FWD wise over 1,000whp. I saw 905fwhp I believe was the highest. Anyone have links to anything more? I'm not trying to imply I'm looking to break the record, but I'd like to know what it is (and possibly others maybe interested as well). Fuel, turbo, etc, doesn't matter as long as it's a DSM 4g63 (6 bolt or 7 bolt), and it's FWD (FWD trans or FWD via a converted AWD trans). Thanks in advance..

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/kiggly-racing-at-the-dyno-821-hp.494554/#post-153526447

Link to 821fwhp.

Last edited by a moderator:
We made 864hp last year. On the new setup we tuned on a much lower reading dyno but, if we had to guess it would be somewhere over 900. It is a 1989 Mirage.

I just added the poll to add some sarcasm to the post. I am really searching for the known, FWHP record. Like I said in my original post I'm not looking to break the record, just seeing what it is...

43PSI
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
@keltalon broke into the 800's and daily drives his. "Street car" is objective
Yeah I broke 800whp and the car is a blast to drive on the street. Here is a video of the car idling. I have yet to race the car at full power potential. Here is a video of my running 33 psi vs a boosted mustang that dynoed at 619whp missed 2nd and passed him at the end I drove the car 3hrs to the event.. The mustang driver hunted me down on the internet and sent me this priceless run.
Elcipse 33 psi vs boosted Stang 619whp

Mustang dyno session

My car idling

Bro, the extreme motorsports car is almost 15 years old and the company has been out of business. If you have been into DSMs for that long you would know but, you can't discount cars that no longer exist.

I wasn't against AWD cars running FWD. I even said cars with an AWD trans running in a FWD mode, I'm just asking what is the highest (record) FWHP car.

944fwhp might be the magic number, unless someone has proof of a higher number. Tim has been around long enough, and has proven himself enough that I'd take his word if he said 944 at the wheels. I'm sure IF he has a copy of the dyno sheet saved somewhere, and it came down to proof, he could locate it. I was really hoping someone had 4 digit FWHP car to show!

944fwhp might be the magic number, unless someone has proof of a higher number. Tim has been around long enough, and has proven himself enough that I'd take his word if he said 944 at the wheels. I'm sure IF he has a copy of the dyno sheet saved somewhere, and it came down to proof, he could locate it. I was really hoping someone had 4 digit FWHP car to show!
Yeah tim is worthy of the crown. but in all reality its unresolved because despite dynoing in fwd mode the gearing is different from the actual f5m33 that came in the fwd dsm. I am just saying truly its not the same and some will argue its not apples to apples , but if the majority wants to accept it then hey thread solved. I love my true plateform, fwd daily driver its awesome I have a 99% victim rate if you know what i mean :D by the way You will never see a 4 digit fwd car the transmission will never handle that amout of hp no one make gears strong enough plain and simple!

Last edited:
I don't see how an AWD transmission, running FWD mode, or a FWD trans running as intended, would change the dyno'd WHP, in the AWD transmissions favor? If anything I feel like maybe the AWD trans' cars power level would be lower just from the driveline loss using the AWD trans. We can argue fuel, trans, turbo, dyno brand, etc. (as most discussions seem to go to here on tuners), but at the end of the day, the only thing that rely matters is the # on the dyno sheet (SAE Corrected hopefully)...

Building a 1,000fwhp car is not really much easier then building a 1kawhp car save for maybe needing a little less power to hit the number with 2 wheels over all 4..

Doesn't matter to me but it's just not apples to apples is what I am saying. For the record I haven't been beat by any awd yet regardless in fact I target them for the shear fun of it LOL. Mine you the title says daily driven fwd whp. I I am very competitive and loved the underdogs.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the FWD pull at 30psi and 40psi in FWD mode. 30psi = 805FWHP / 506TQ, 40psi = 944AWHP / 580TQ. I didn't do a 48psi pull to confirm AWD vs. FWD numbers, but it would have likely been on par around 1140FWHP / 690-700TQ. I tried one pull and it was just complete wheel spin, even the 40psi pull it was hard to load up the dyno but it didn't wheelspin.

In AWD mode, at 30psi I did 720AWHP/530TQ, then *845AWHP/630TQ at 40psi and 1005 AWHP/720TQ at 48psi. Thats pretty much a 17% drivetrain loss in FWD and a 29% drivetrain loss in AWD.

Both AWD and FWD tests were done on the same dyno in SAE uncorrected numbers.

Attachments

• IMAG0071a.jpg
    IMAG0071a.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 270
  • IMAG0072 (1024x612).jpg
    IMAG0072 (1024x612).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 190
Here's a pic of the FWD pull at 30psi and 40psi in FWD mode. 30psi = 805FWHP / 506TQ, 40psi = 944AWHP / 580TQ. I didn't do a 48psi pull to confirm AWD vs. FWD numbers, but it would have likely been on par around 1140FWHP / 690-700TQ. I tried one pull and it was just complete wheel spin, even the 40psi pull it was hard to load up the dyno but it didn't wheelspin.

In AWD mode, at 30psi I did 720AWHP/530TQ, then *845AWHP/630TQ at 40psi and 1005 AWHP/720TQ at 48psi. Thats pretty much a 17% drivetrain loss in FWD and a 29% drivetrain loss in AWD.

Both AWD and FWD tests were done on the same dyno in SAE uncorrected numbers.
But Is it a registered vehicle driven daily? My friend Mike made almost 1100 awd hp but can't drive to the store I can't imagine what he would make in fwd mode base on your calculations LOL hw can't get a tag for it thought emissions standards in ga prevents it. Mine pass with flying color. I get about 320 miles on a tank of 93 octane.

Mike is a close friend of mine.

My car is a full interior, full panel street car that is legal and registered. Drove it 90 miles on Saturday.
We can race sometimes it would be a blast! Nothing like a little fun LOL.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back