The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

crower stage 3's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If I don't boost the car one day, those will be the cams I get for Daisy. No doubt about it. I'm just trying to figure out who I might know with a built 2GNT in Clearwater... Could that be Gabe?

i was actually looking at those. Im doing a full rebuild with forged internals ect. But im wondering how would the car idle with those cams. the specs say "RPM Range: 2200 to 7500+"

Fricken fracken, fricken frack!! Where was this guy when I was looking for a used set?? Too late now, I already bought them :mad: .

ivan300, you're going to need some airflow to be able to utilize the C3's. I would think that idle is not going to be too happy (though with MSnS, it should be acceptable). I can't imagine using these unless you have a Port and Polish with a bigger TB, matching exhaust components and some kinda tuning system (not an safc). I'm hoping to get peak power at 7800 (I'm guessing it is going to be a little lower, but I'm hopeful). Plus you are going to have to deal with the low end loss. You may want to look into the C2's. A bit more streetable.

MB

Would c2's be ok on a stock rebuilt head with spray for a dd that will see minor track duty? I don't know if you guys are familiar with them but I'm looking for the fp2 version for the 420a pretty much

I had the crower 2's in my old eclipse. In my opinion, there was little to no difference in low rpm performance but anywhere from 4000 and up was undoubtedly noticable. It was a very streetable cam, matched with a greddy evo exhaust, it had a quick paced "pop pop poppity pop pop" idle. Pretty cool indeed.

ya im rebuilding my 420 and have been looking at the c3's for my motor and have been wondering how they would perform with a fully built motor...on about 15lbs. of boost????//

I had the crower 2's in my old eclipse. In my opinion, there was little to no difference in low rpm performance but anywhere from 4000 and up was undoubtedly noticable. It was a very streetable cam, matched with a greddy evo exhaust, it had a quick paced "pop pop poppity pop pop" idle. Pretty cool indeed.

What other mods did you have? I think they would be perfect for me

IMO, C2's are good for the street. I use them in my DD. But then, I never cared about idle anyway.

C3's + Boost = No good. Wrong aplication.

MB

Would c2's be ok on a stock rebuilt head with spray for a dd that will see minor track duty? I don't know if you guys are familiar with them but I'm looking for the fp2 version for the 420a pretty much

The C2's have much less duration and lift than FP2's. The C2T's lift is closer, but still less than and FP2. C2's and C2T's should be a bit more tame than the FP2's.

I have the Crane 0014 turbo grind cams and my idle is pretty rough. Usually around 800-1200 RPMS.

ok so the c2's are the best bet for me to use for boost???//

stock420: Crower 2 Turbo grind cams are a good upgrade, designed for boosted application. Part #64462T-2.

The C2's have much less duration and lift than FP2's. The C2T's lift is closer, but still less than and FP2. C2's and C2T's should be a bit more tame than the FP2's.

I was referring to a good street strip cam that doesn't require upgraded springs and retainers which is what the fp2's are for 4g63t guys ;) but good to know how they compare

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back