The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

could this be a ECU problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh38127

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2009
Memphis, Tennessee
I have 90 GST. I have many post that seem to go no where.I have also hunted hours for help. This my first DSM so dont know how fix it. I Have tested for boost leaks and fixed them. I set the timing 5 degrees advance and lined up the timing marks. I hooked up the vacum lines using under hood diagram. I bought new TPS set it using a Haynes book. New NGK plugs. The car is all stock oem.

The ISC makes a constant clicking sound.It runs rich, slow accelaration and a bad idle. When the car gets to running temp it won't idle down it just accelrates between 900-3000rpms by itself.While it is doing that the boost gauge is going crazy If you shut it off it will not crank until it is cooled down. If try to put it in 1st it will studder and die as you release the clutch.:banghead:

If you need more info just ask I just want this nightmare to end.

so the idle is surging? this will cause the boost to kick in ad out. Change the IAC sensor, its on the bottom of the TB near the firewall. its like 40 bucks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back