The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

clutch engagement issues 3.55 swap with non modular clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rideyamaha287

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2008
Las cruces, New_Mexico
ok guys i just got done finishing my build and i cant get my freakin clutch to engage at all. ive bleed the entire system like a hundred times changed the slave cylinder. So i have a neon gear box with a centerforce pp and act 6 puck disk. Ive double checked every line/fitting. one thing i notice is the slave cylinder piston looks fully extended in the slave housing. i dont know if that makes a difference. its really pissen me off been trying to bleed it for 2 days now i search online tried different techniques im really lost now guys im going crazy with dam car...:banghead: i really dont know what else to do. i might have to drop the trans again to see what the heck is going on in there...bummer

Last edited:
What did you do for a flywheel? Also IIRC the crank bolts between the mod clutch and non-mod setup are different.

What flywheel. I suspect (as talongirl is alluding to) that you may have a step height problem. You definitely have a 420a ACT disc in there correct? And it the dimensions of said disc correspond with the pressure plate and flywheel to come up with the proper step height? I know there are questions on Fidanza's flywheel step height using on "other's" parts.

MB

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back