The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Clutch and Slave Cylinder diagnosis

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATXDSM

Probationary Member
Aug 22, 2017
Austin, Texas
Trying to figure out my clutch problem. Clutch pedal is adjusted up properly and the master cylinder adjustment is near maxed out. When I push the slave cylinder in by hand, the slave depresses all the way in and when I let go, it does not extend back out. It barely extends back out leaving the clutch fork loose. To get the pressure back up I have to press the clutch pedal down in which it sticks to the floor. I have to pick the pedal back up by hand then press down again and the pressure is back. The clutch fork sits right in the middle and there is no leaks from the master cylinder and slave cylinder. It has a new XACT Streetlite Flywheel and ACT 2100 with solid street disc installed with OEM TB that has only seen idle time and a brief drive around the block. The system has been bled as well. Ive searched many threads and cannot find a definitive answer

I had exactly the same issue when I upgraded the clutch from old stock one. I rebuilt the cylinders but didn't last long. After I replaced the both of them with new OEM, the issue was solved.

From the master cylinder into behind the booster diaphragm, hence why he wouldn't see leaks, but still having issues. Have seen a couple threads in the past year where this was discovered as the issue after investigations. Just a thought

From the master cylinder into behind the booster diaphragm, hence why he wouldn't see leaks, but still having issues. Have seen a couple threads in the past year where this was discovered as the issue after investigations. Just a thought
We're talking about a clutch. So again....booster?

We're talking about a clutch. So again....booster?

Haha. Sorry. I had brake master in my head for some reason. Prob because I replaced clutch master, slave and brake master recently.

Op. Have you had the clutch line open recently? If so, most likely you have air in the system. If not, replace both master and slave. They’re fairly cheap from rock auto.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back