The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Clear Taillights! Where did YOU get your bulbs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurrowZ

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
I just picked up a set of clear tails and I also bought six of the "chrome" red bulbs. I figured the chrome would help fight the problem where the red eventually becomes pink. Well these things are pink right out of the box.
:rolleyes:

My question is where did you get your bulbs? I have been searching forever and can't find a decent set of bright red bulbs.

I get my bulbs at a local shop called Tintmasters. They are some japaneze brand of bulb. I think the brand name is Cuzo. But I ran them in my smoked bumper lights and clear blinker lights in my aftermarket headlights I had installed on my old Talon for 5 years. They remained deep red until I sold the car.

I get my bulbs at a local shop called Tintmasters. They are some japaneze brand of bulb. I think the brand name is Cuzo. But I ran them in my smoked bumper lights and clear blinker lights in my aftermarket headlights I had installed on my old Talon for 5 years. They remained deep red until I sold the car.
Let me know if you'd be interested in shipping me some.
:sneaky:

If you buy bulbs that are actual colored glass instead of painted/coated clear glass, you don't have to worry about fade.

Jus, I know you have a set of clears. Where'd you get your bulbs?

Jus, I know you have a set of clears. Where'd you get your bulbs?
What the hell planet are you from that you honestly think I remember where I bought freakin' light bulbs over 8 years ago? ROFL

Probably the best bet is to get red LED bulbs. They should basically last forever & will never fade.
The problem there is some LED bulbs don't draw enough to make the flashers work properly. I always steered away from them for that reason.

I have superbright leds in mine. They light them up really good even on a sunny day. The only problem with the leds other than the cost is the blinkers blink really fast but they do work.

I have superbright leds in mine. They light them up really good even on a sunny day. The only problem with the leds other than the cost is the blinkers blink really fast but they do work.

You can solve that with a resistor.

The problem there is some LED bulbs don't draw enough to make the flashers work properly. I always steered away from them for that reason.

That is true (I was just thinking running/stop lights), but believe some LED places sell the load resistors (or you could source your own), so this shouldn't be an issue.

Sharp hid has the leds you want.You need 4 1156, and 2 1157.Unless thats backwards.But todays leds are pllug and play.

Did you get the set from the guy in madison,missing the center cection?

Sharp hid has the leds you want.You need 4 1156, and 2 1157.Unless thats backwards.But todays leds are pllug and play.

Did you get the set from the guy in madison,missing the center cection?

So you're sure they don't need a resistor then? At least the ones from sharphid?

And I think that's backwards, because the 1157 are the dual filament?
EDIT: Just saw Jus' post.

And nope, I have the clear center section with mine. :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

But they look better with the painted center I already had.

Wait so the 2g bulbs are not the same as 1g. Ohh I gotcha.They are.But last time I talked to sharp hid.They said 2 or 4 or the constant off/on, and the rest are the on/on more powerful, and off. You don't want all the same ones right.Which is why I menntion 1156/1157.There not the exact same bulb.

And yes the ones from sharp hid are plug and play. I have a box full of leds now.I love them.

Wait so the 2g bulbs are not the same as 1g. Ohh I gotcha.They are.But last time I talked to sharp hid.They said 2 or 4 or the constant off/on, and the rest are the on/on more powerful, and off. You don't want all the same ones right.Which is why I menntion 1156/1157.There not the exact same bulb.

And yes the ones from sharp hid are plug and play. I have a box full of leds now.I love them.

So which ones did you get then?
There's quite a few different styles of LED bulbs
Turn Signals & Tail Lights

I have the pirana's,3 sets of the round multiple led.More round multiple led.

Pirana,round 19x3028(multiple sets).

I did not see the 60x3528 or I would have picked up some of those too.My problem is, that I only got 2 pirana's, when you need 4 or 6:(

If you really want me to go lay out my box of leds I will.But I have a bunch.

I also have a bunch of t10's,t5's,31 mm feston(2 different types),I have led fogs, leds in my front turn signals, and parking lights.My license plate lights, backup lights,Dome light, cargo light,high stop lamp.ETC

I do need to figure out the direct replacement instrament cluster and hvac lights.There strange to say the least.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back