The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Car won't start fuel pressure is dropping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmfairladyz

Probationary Member
May 3, 2014
elgin, Illinois
Hey guess first time posting here. I bought a 1997 eclipse gsx and it would not run smooth. I got a p1105, so I replaced the fuel pressure regulator but it still will not run. I have compression and spark , when it was running it was running lean. Now it won't even start up again. I got to 35psi for fuel pressure during cranking and then it just drops. I see no leaks. Please help.

ok thanks. the fuel filter is not clogged. i was checking for spark and i pulled of all the wires and when i went to plug in my scan tool i got a p0335 code. (crank position sensor) did this code pop up because of the test i ran. the car will not start should i go ahead and replace the cps. i have good fuel pressure.

Hey guess so my car started to run really rough and i got a code to replace the fuel pressure regulator and i did. now i have compression and good fuel pressure. now the car just cranks and will not start up. i plugged in my scan tool and i got a p0335 for the crank position sensor. did this code come on because of the test i ran or is the sensor bad. if so how much trouble is it to replace the sensor my self. help me please thanks.

Car won't start no spark or fuel injector pulse and p0335 code sould I replace the cps

sounds like a bad crank position sensor. i have experienced a few where the balance shaft belt breaks & takes out the wiring to the crank sensor. the balance shaft belt may also be part of the rough running condition you described

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back