1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink Car won’t stay at idle

Posted by byAzon, Nov 20, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Well, I would for right now. If we can get the ole girl to fire up, then maybe you can do some switching as I know you mentioned wanting to stay stock appearing, and I get it. :thumb:
    I just got my Speed Density cable yesterday from ECMTuning so I can put my stock 90 GSX on SD.
    I have the GM Omni 4 bar, GM Flex Fuel sensor and GM IAT (waiting for my buddy to get the bung welded in the TB elbow, should be tomorrow), so I am doing the same thing as you are. I have my 2 other DSM's running on SD also, so you can tell I like it. My deal with SD is, if you have any boost leaks or blow off a coupler, the car will still get you to your destination. On a MAF, it would buck and not want to drive well at all so I switch all of my cars. That very scenario has happened to me before. I still got home, just N/A.

Street Build 3K  27

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

548  14

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

451  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 655  7

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 5K  11  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
  2. byAzon

byAzon Probationary Member

Joined Jul 27, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    I wonder why the mistu style ones not working right and I’m still alittle confused if you wanted me to change the whole sensor to the gm bar or just change the setting in ecm link. I’m not to concerned about staying stock I just thought the mistu style would work better since it was for a stock location on the manifold. I’ll definitely get the log around 3 and I’ll post it. It fires up I just can’t get it to stay alive when it’s at 1k

3. byAzon

Joined Jul 27, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Using our SD plug-n-play Cable
    If you're using our SD plug-n-play cable with our IAT and 4-bar MAP sensors, then the IAT sensor will be connected to the IAT input and the OmniPower 4-bar MAP sensor will be connected to the baro input.
    I just found this info on the speed density wiki page and I believe I tried to do this and the car wouldn’t wanna start but I’m gonna try a second time just to double check.

4. byAzon

Joined Jul 27, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    here two idles and added all those other values

Attached Files: