The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Car is eating oil bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
I have a 95 gsx with a brand new engine in it and an evo turbo that has been creeping really bad to 20 plus. Now my car is shooting out blue smoke from the exhuast under boost, my car is going throw oil like crazy and when i took off my intake it was loaded with oil on the inside and also there was oil on the turbo near the blade. I check for play on the wheel and there was some. Im going with turbo seals are shot correct?

could be the seals or your valves. my buddy just put a brand new head on and didnt angle the valves .10" and it went through oil very very quickly.

Yea but this is a whole new engine, not just head, would the valves cause massive oil in the intake and around the turbine.

i wouldnt think so but im no mechanic. but with the head. the head came from the compay and said that the valves still needed to be angled, not sure if urs is in the same situation, but id look into it

Yea I did and there was some play. And oil was all on the oustide of the shaft

All depends on how much oil your pushing into the intake.
It sounds like you have quite a bit and the PVC is the easiest thing to check before you start ripping into your turbo.
You want to make sure that it seals when you apply pressure to the side with the hose barb any leakage and oil will get blown into the intake via the valve cover breather.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back