The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Can I still run this clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90-GST

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2008
St. Louis, Missouri
Before I pulled it, it was still holding strong. I want to use it so that I don't have to have the car down for longer, but I thought I'd get opinions.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I say go ahead and put a new one in. I mean you already have the trans out and a new disk is only a 100 and some bucks.

Nah this one is done,look how close the rivets are to the surface,you would be pulling this bi*** back down within months to change that clutch

Clutchmasters FX400 pressure plate with sprung 6 puck and bearing $388
Resurface stepped flywheel to .610" and replace dowels $110

Knowing your clutch is good for at least a few more 1/4s of a mile, Priceless.

I just had to do the same thing when I pulled mine to fix a leaky/cracked gasket on my rear main seal housing. I didn't expect to see my clutch two microns from the rivets, and the waiting was the worst part. Then CM sent me a four pad disk, and I had to wait 3 more days.

i would definately change it....IMO not worth dropping a tranny to change a clutch i couldve changed a month ago...but hey if thats your thing go for it...hell i would throw it in the garage for a back up

Probably going to take it to a local place and have them rebuild it. I'm hoping they get it done in time so my car isn't down any longer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back