The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Calling all Spyder owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmTripp

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2009
Palm Bay, Florida
simple upfront question.... My rear glass has become disbonded from the convertible top. Other than the obvious replacement of the top what have people done to rebond the glass back to the top to get me by until I can afford to get a new top?

Never seen anyone successfully do it. This happened to my friend Stephanie's DSM, and she duct taped the shit out of it before replacing the top.

Start saving.

Window silicone from Advance Auto Parts. I poured about 20 gallons on my top after I resealed it, didn't leak a drop.

Window weld from oriellys or black silicon and then drilled like 8- 1/8"holes around the tough plastic that gets sewn to the top and through the top with someone holding it up into place. Then took 1/8" pop rivets and used those for supports and to hold it in place while the silicon dried. Then ran a bead around the outside lip to make sure it sealed for good. Hasn't leaked a drop since.

this is obviously just a temporary fix until you can buy a new top. But mine has held strong for 3 years :thumb:

Last edited:
I was cheap and used clear silicone on mine I have a new top under the bed just haven't put it on yet LOL

I used a combination of super glue, gorilla glue, and another glue. I did it in the parking lot of the store I bought the glue from and it took me no more than 30 mins to do it by myself. The super glue temporarily held the glass in place, then I used the gorilla glue to permanently hold the glass, it foams up before it dries, then i used the other glue to seal it both on the inside and outside.
I havent had a chance to test how waterproof it is because I live in Cali but im pretty sure it wont leak.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back