The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Building a Myth into Legend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some of the progress from the weekend.
061601.jpg
061602.jpg
061603.jpg
061604.jpg
061605.jpg
061606.jpg
061607.jpg
061608.jpg
061609.jpg
061610.jpg

The latest progress has all of the core structure fully welded. Intercooler piping is complete. New VC welded up. Need to finish the fuel lines. Build Coolant lines. Paint the core support and cages changes. Finish the harness and then it's time to fire the beast!
071501.jpg
071502.jpg
071503.jpg
071504.jpg
071505.jpg
071506.jpg
071507.jpg
071509.jpg
071510.jpg

Nice work. The exhaust system came out clean with plenty of clearance.How do you like that eastwood tig welder? I was thinking about picking one up for the small fabrication projects my car needs.

Nice work. The exhaust system came out clean with plenty of clearance.How do you like that eastwood tig welder? I was thinking about picking one up for the small fabrication projects my car needs.
Has worked great for everything so far. It's definitely no production machine but it lays good beads. Had to use 220v for the IC mounts.

I love the trimmed front bumper, the piece with the lines that is normally black that is gone. Is it aftermarket or did you do it yourself?

Also, what a monster of a car, mad respect for the time and work you've put into it. I love to see that.

Just curious. This may have been mentioned before, but things change. What is your updated ultimate goal from this venture?

Finish the car. Get it into the 8s. Then sell it and buy a c6 Vette, what else? Lol

With aspirations like owning a Vette , do you also aspire to be old and wrinkly ? LOL kidding , you can’t knock the performance value ..

Good luck with the 8s.

Pssh C5 is where it's at LOL, I'm loving your build, not sure if I could pull the trigger on selling it though after spending the money on a car to get it to where you want it to be :)
It would definitely take at least $25k for me to let it go. That's a number not likely to be reached unless the car is being exported. And I'm 100% okay with that.

It was a joke. If I were to actually get rid of it, it would only be replaced by a FD RX7, Supra, R34 or an Evo IX.

Figured you wouldn't be that backwards after working on this masterpiece this long, I was just being snarky haha. Keep it up!

Given all the time and investment that has been made on this car, I have yet again made a change. The V1 AEM will not go into the car.
I pulled the trigger and bought a Haltech 1500 Elite and the matched Harness. I also will go going back to the IQ3 dash.
I also picked up a magnus mechanical fuel pump.
And last but not least a complete set up of Volk control arms.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back