The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Boost Gauge Install help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse420ags

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Martinez, Georgia
Hey guys just wondering if I could T off my boost gauge with the EGR system? Thanks ahead of time for the help.:hmm:

I recommend teeing off the afpr lines and routing the line through the boot for the steering column. If you do this you may want to zip tie the line to a harness underneath the steering wheel so it doesnt get in the way of the pedals if its too long. I can help with any electrical wiring too since i basicly had to figure it out on my own for a gauge pillar so just ask and i can take pics too.

Ok thanks guys I think ill run it to the throttle body I tried the egr and i was having negative boost somehow.

8 psi, the boost guage is brand new so i know its good. Just didnt understand why it was going negative.

It will be negative because of vacuum. At idle it should be negative always. If it isn't, you tapped into something that doesn't give correct vacuum readings, which is not good.

For ex. On my 4g63t it sits at -18 at idle

I switched to the throttle body hose and when at full boost it just said -10(10 vacuum whatever). Is that major boost leak somewhere? I still here the big whoosh out of the BOV.

Idle at 19 vacuum

This may be a stupid question but the boost will still recognize boost when in neutral right(have mine on jacks right now).

So what your saying is I can rev it in neutral to red line and boost still wont register?

wen i rev my car to about 5000 in nutral i read 0psi
at idle i read -11
and mines stright off the manifold

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back