The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Boost gauge and fuel pressure help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicked98gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2012
Middlesex, North_Carolina
I need help once again from the guru's from this site but please redirect me if Im violating the rules. Ihave tried searching for pictures but not getting any good pics of what i'm asking about....

So I have the car running great now. perfect RPMs, downpipe still needs to be hooked up with the two gaskets I have.

But here is my problem, I went and bought a generic OBD2 scan tool to figure out what I was getting on my CeL. The only code being thrown was no spark in #2 and #3 cylinder.... First things I should have checked after sitting for over a year was the spark plugs and components :banghead:...... The light goes off and I'm running great.... I take it out for a drive last night and it drove ok for about 5 minutes then started sputtering horribly. CeL pops on as I pull into my driveway so I run the code...P1105 and P1105pd (fuel pressure solenoid) now I was told by the Mitsu dealership that My aftermarket Boost/vac gauge could be causing a malfunction. here are some pics of the set up that is on the car that the previous owner did....

This is the T'd part... one line to boost gauge, one line to stock fpr, and then other to the fp solenoid
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is what my scan tool says is bad
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry for the noob questions but I have no way to get a FSM or a haynes. SO Im getting my help the best way I can at the moment

As a temporary fix (or a no emission state fix) just eliminate the solenoid for right now. Take the end that runs to the FPR off the solenoid and just run it straight to the manifold nipple bypassing the FPR solenoid completely.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back