The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Big 16g Dodge Colt Gt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killercolt

10+ Year Contributor
May 23, 2008
Acworth, Georgia
I built this 89 Colt GT a few years back for a daily driver/feeling bruiser but ended up selling it to my friend. It made a bit over 300hp with 7.8:1 compression pistons, stock cams, Safc, punishment fmic, cyclone intake, 2g mas, and 680cc on 87 pump gas at 18 psi.

Now it has the Ecmlink v3 lite, old school comp 264/264 cams(factory like idle), 950cc, speed density, modified fake skunk2 b18c intake manifold, e85. We ended make 380hp 376tq on 25.5psi uncorrected in 3rd gear. My friend had some bs dried out slicks on it that were spinning on the rollers in the midrange. Boost spiked to 35psi but settled to 25psi at 5300-5400rpm which is where the peak power is. We did not have boost control function in the lite version so we used a plastic "t" to spike and build the boost. Above 5300-5400rpm, boost drop to 22-24psi so the power looks weak up top. I am pretty sure big cams might help. Timing was 20 degrees at peak power and 6-8 in the midrange. If anyone want the log, feel free to pm me.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ignore the 2g mas in these pictures . The engine bay pictures are a month since the speed density conversion and a lot of my friend ghetto works are gone.

Last edited:
I think it can make 400hp if can get it to hold 2 extra psi more. We were going to spray it with a 55 shoots to make 435hp/450tq but we decided not to because something stupid happen to the fuel pressure or fuel pump. You can see in the graph that it got lean up top. Once my friend upgrades to the full Ecmlink, we will try again for 400hp on the big 16g. Plus we will spray it once we get the fuel issue fix. That will be fun.

I did try 22 degree of timing and i it made 383hp with no knock. 3hp with 2 degrees more was not worth it so I back it to 20 degrees.

Last edited:
It is pretty fun because it weighs about 2200lb

Great car Thoi, and nice numbers on stock cams. I think it should make very close to 400 if you just try dialing in the stock cams.

Would love to own a colt like that some day!

Power band looked crazy because the Forge internal wastegate actuator he had on it did not hold boost correctly. The Profec B boost controller took a dump so we just use a T to regulate the boost. Plus it was spinning the dried up slicks he had on it so we could not get it to hold more power in the midrange.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back