The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

best turbo-back exhaust system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucid15

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2008
Portland, Oregon
So i just installed an intake system, and now i want to think about my next upgrade, exhaust. Now, i have to be able to pass emissions. What is the best turbo-back exhaust system i can get for the money? or is it cheaper to have a muffler shop build most of it? I want the cheapest but most bang for your buck exhaust system reccomendations. What's your input?

If you can find one, look for a G-Power or SSAutochrome 3" stainless turboback. They're the same thing and fit the 2g AWD models. It's catless, so make sure it'll be okay for emissions (I don't have emissions testing here, so I don't know much about what's legal or not). Mine was $300 shipped. 100% stainless. You have to widen the DP inlet flange holes bit to fit a stock O2 housing, but the rest bolts up perfectly. Several others have this one. It's louder (much) than stock, and I didn't like the muffler/tip, so I modded that myself (and added $300 to the pricetag), but you don't have to.

You can always do what my friend did in his Camaro - when it was sniffer day he would drop his exhaust and reinstall stock exhaust, quick tuning change, then he was legal. :D

That's the way to do it! haha

My buddy right now has to get his talon to pass emissions and the car has no cat. So he's having a lot of fun. But I think he's going to leave it on because it's high flow and Ohio has some pretty strict laws.

LOL. That's why I kept my stock exhaust...just in case.

Along the same lines, my friend did a FULL ENGINE swap when it came emissions time. Something about a 250 hp H22 in a CRX that just didn't pass emissions :D

I ordered a Apexi N1 catback and downpipe along with a AMS 3" high flow cat. I'll let you know when it's installed.

I have to have a high-flow CAT,Will it hinder the performance/sound of my exhaust at all?

The sound and performance difference between a high flow cat and no cat will be very minimal from my experience. Specially on a street car.

The sound and performance difference between a high flow cat and no cat will be very minimal from my experience. Specially on a street car.

100% agree with this statement. The removal of or leaving out of catalytic converters in "most" street vehicles is highly overrated. The difference in performance between a straight pipe and properly performing 3" high flowing catalytic converter is negligible. If you are concerned about the ability to remove the converter at certain times, consider the RRE short downpipe and converter/test pipe combined with the Apex'i N1 catback exhaust.

Eclipse Exhaust System Upgrades

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back