The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Best Cat-Back Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timgeorgi

Probationary Member
Aug 15, 2004
Schaumburg, Illinois
OK...like the title says, i'm looking for the "best" cat-back exhaust for a 99 eclipse. It's my friend's car, and i'm helping him mod it. I DO NOT want to end up with the loudest car on the block...i'm more looking for a deeper sounding system. If anyone has sound clips, links, or recomendations...please post. Thanks!!

i swear ive been loking for sound clips all over and i cant find any whatsoever...but it seems to me you can find at least one for any other car other then an eclipse...whats even harder is trying to find one for a 1g....

the greddy evo exhaust is a very good exhaust two of my friends have them on there cars , it has a nice tone and is by no means loud

he asked for one that ISNT loud...n1 and rnr are pretty loud. and before you tell me, just put a silencer on...WTF is the point of a 3" exhaust when you take away all the performance with a silencer???? :laugh:

well, the magnaflow cat back sounds good, but that's the only sound clip i've herd so far. Who sells the Manaflow CB for the best price? I didn't see it in the parts section :(.

2gGSX said:
now what's a N/T going to do with an external dump? :p

LOL, I didn't even notice he was driving an N/T.

I posted that my exh. has an external dump so that he wouldn't confuse it with how loud the exhaust is off the throttle ;)

Dieselboy said:
W3RD!!!. If the N1 as is, is still too loud for you, take it to a muffler shop and have them slap a resonator or two in there for ya. People seem to forget the resonator option.

The N1 is pretty sick and sounds very nice. You may want to pick up the super silencer in addition to lower the dbs. If that's STILL too loud, which I doubt, a resonator would be the next step.

talon1987 said:
the greddy evo exhaust is a very good exhaust two of my friends have them on there cars , it has a nice tone and is by no means loud

Greddy EVO hands down the best! It looks better than the N1 and doesn't sound as obnoxious.

an exhaust is an exhaust, there all the same they all pretty much sound the same sense we have the same motor in our cars. aslong as its 2.5 or 3'' who cares. but if you want the low tone then you will want something with a little more resanators in it. i had the rsr exhaust before and it was realy quiet almost too quiet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back