1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Best clutch for street car and circuit racing

Posted by Fuchsig, Nov 25, 2020

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Fuchsig

Fuchsig Probationary Member

Joined Jun 19, 2009
    Near of Leipzig, Europe
    Hey DSMer,

my ACT pressure plate cracked my bell housing. The springs burst out after 38000miles(after 11 years). I used the softest ACT plate with 6 puck disc. I had an eye on an ACT multidisc clutch, but ACT disappointed me now, because they damaged my tranny.

I actually driven an fp red with 27psi boost at 4000 – 7500 rpm. I rarely do drag racing, it is more a street car and for circuit racing.

Which multidisc and single disc can currently be recommended? Is ACT able to control the problem? I loved the 6 puck everytime I drove, no annoying slipping.

Best regards

Marcel

Street Build 222  14

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Fuchsig

341  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. Dreams Realized

Dreams Realized Proven Member

Joined Jul 23, 2018
    Seattle, Washington

Street Build 1K  4

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    iugrad92turbo likes this.
  3. twicks69

twicks69 Supporting Vendor

Joined Mar 12, 2004
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    If SBC, I would do the SSX pressure plate and B series full face ceramic disk. This setup has worked very well for many many people and has excellent streetability.

If twin, I would do a street flywheel with street friction gear drive disks Quarter Master 6 leg twin disk clutch assembly with a softer cover spring (blue spring), OEM TOB, Competition Clutch forged clutch fork, TOB clip and 22.5mm flywheel bolts for 6 bolt AWD flywheel or 21.2mm flywheel bolts for 7 bolt AWD flywheel.

John Freund has been using this twin disk clutch in his road race car for a few years now with good experiences.

Drag Race Build 9K  13  76

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.499 @ 155.00 · 2G DSM