The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Battery relocation [Merged 3-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tech at my local track isn't super picky, I'm sure it will pass. I plan on having the plate removed at the track and a sticker showing where the switch is.

Just pulling up a quick question, will I be safe to run 2Ga wire to my starter and alternator? Or should I return this wire and go with 1 gauge. I don't think it will be that big of a deal but I'd rather not waste my time. I've seen everyone do it a bit different. I'm running 2Ga from my box from the trunk to the front as it is, came with my Taylor box and kit.

Just pulling up a quick question, will I be safe to run 2Ga wire to my starter and alternator? Or should I return this wire and go with 1 gauge. I don't think it will be that big of a deal but I'd rather not waste my time. I've seen everyone do it a bit different. I'm running 2Ga from my box from the trunk to the front as it is, came with my Taylor box and kit.

My whole rewire is 2 gauge. It'll be fine.

step drill bits.
I had to use one to drill out for master cylinder since the car was an auto.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So I got my wires all ran. I'm using a KunKoncepts power distribution block like shown on a previous page here. Howe exactly do I wire that with the ugly looking fuse box/battery terminal? Basically turns my 1 wire into 3 outputs.

All I did was purchase the Summit Racing battery relocation kit which comes with 1 gauge cable. I run the 1 gauge from the trunk right to the factory positive connections in the bay which includes the small oem fuse box. I also use a 175amp circuit breaker for a peace of mind since a positive wire is ran through the inside of the car. The ground just goes to the trunk. I may end up running a ground to the firewall as well and distribute to the engine.

Obviously this method isn't legal for sanctioned racing as there's no cut off for the alternator.

Last edited:
so are you 2G guys removing the white fusible link wires that are split into 2 sets of 2 and replacing them with 4 Gauge wire? with any fuse inline other then the distribution block?
my battery is going in the passenger footwell and I was going to remove them white wires and use 4 gauge like shown with 2x inline circuit breakers at low amps rated for them wires or output going towards my distribution block thats going to sit on the firewall or strut tower!

all your extra inline fuses and breakers just seem wayyyyy over the top more specfically the one going to the alt! you have 2 and I dont see the point as 1 would be more then enough and its extra cost! thankfully im no thaving my battery in the back

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back