The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Bad pull to the left

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YERFDOG

Proven Member
Feb 10, 2013
Bay Area, California
Hey everyone,

I have had this issue since I bought my 2G GSX back in December. The car pulls to the left at pretty much all speeds. On the highway if I let the wheel go, it'll crossover lanes pretty quickly. The car had stock GSX wheels on it with pretty bald tires on the inside edges (front). I got a set of EVO 9 Enkeis with tires that have pretty good meat /normal wear on them, but they are from 2008. I have had it aligned TWICE (2 different shops, couple months apart). Both days all TOE adjustments were out and corrected (see below for most recent). The front right CAMBER is off pretty good and the shop said this can be causing the pull. The cars struts look to have been replaced with an OEM replacement at stock height and controls arms, ect..all look okay. Nothing abnormal or bent as far as I can see. Car has NOT been in an accident either and is straight. Tires pressures are all even at 32.

I have yet to try and rotate the tires to see if it changes direction or gets any better or worse. The odds of 2 sets of bad tires is not good but you never know...

My question is what would be throwing my front right camber out of wack? Also the front left caster is funky...

Thanks!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Caster don't wear tires. Toe wears the most then goes camber. Usually when your camber Is good then some cars tend to pull to the side with the least amount of caster and on your last print out it shows the RF. So if you increase camber on RF then it will most likely, now that's not the end of the world, pull to the right. I say increase camber and caster on RF AND DROP camber and caster on LF. Now first fix the RF and then adjust LF accordingly. About 1/2 degree or so less from the RF. Zero toe. On my 1g caster is the same from LF TO RF. I could not offset it anymore and it don't pull anymore. Camber slightly higher on RF then LF. Zero toe.

Thanks again for the info.

Just wondering what Ingalls kit I need to order??...I found the kit that was linked earlier on summit racing for a better price.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/iec-35780
This kit is for +1.25 to +3.00

EDIT: Found on Amazon and PRIME so even better. Setting it to +1.25 should do the trick. Will get alignment after I throw them on.

Last edited:
Well every car is differant and sometimes the advertise adjustment does not really happen. I think you just have to try and see what works. Other wise wait and maybe someone who actually used them will give their opinion. In either case I am glad that you want to fix it. Good luck and post back pictures and results and review.

Ya the Ingalls should work. Those are the ones I used on my RF which brought my camber from -1 3/8* to 0.0* (that's with them set at the minimum setting of +1.25*). Unfortunately in the real world, it's not really possible to know which set you should get (+1.25* to +3.0* OR -.75* to +1.0*) especially with your camber right between the two, and what works on your car until you install them and measure the new camber, as every car setup is slightly different. I have pics of them before/after installation if you need.

Well every car is differant and sometimes the advertise adjustment does not really happen. I think you just have to try and see what works. Other wise wait and maybe someone who actually used them will give their opinion. In either case I am glad that you want to fix it. Good luck and post back pictures and results and review.
I will definitely update when I install them :thumb:

Ya the Ingalls should work. Those are the ones I used on my RF which brought my camber from -1 3/8* to 0.0* (that's with them set at the minimum setting of +1.25*). Unfortunately in the real world, it's not really possible to know which set you should get (+1.25* to +3.0* OR -.75* to +1.0*) especially with your camber right between the two, and what works on your car until you install them and measure the new camber, as every car setup is slightly different. I have pics of them before/after installation if you need.

Yeah that's why I was a bit hesitant on which kit to buy, but I ended up ordering the +1.25* to +3.00* on Amazon for $63 so not too bad. I would definitely like to see the pictures when you get a chance. Thanks!

Here's the pics of the Ingalls kit on my 99 RF.

Attachments

• camber kit 2g front Ingalls #35780 - 1.JPG
    camber kit 2g front Ingalls #35780 - 1.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 66
  • camber kit 2g front Ingalls #35780 - 2.JPG
    camber kit 2g front Ingalls #35780 - 2.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 59
  • camber kit 2g front Ingalls #35780 - 3.JPG
    camber kit 2g front Ingalls #35780 - 3.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Camber kit 2g Ingalls #35780 on RF 1.JPG
    Camber kit 2g Ingalls #35780 on RF 1.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Camber kit 2g Ingalls #35780 on RF 2.JPG
    Camber kit 2g Ingalls #35780 on RF 2.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Camber kit 2g Ingalls #35780 on RF 3.JPG
    Camber kit 2g Ingalls #35780 on RF 3.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 64
  • Camber kit 2g Ingalls #35780 on RF 4 (setting at minimum +1.25 degrees).JPG
    Camber kit 2g Ingalls #35780 on RF 4 (setting at minimum +1.25 degrees).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 61
Here's the pics of the Ingalls kit on my 99 RF.

Thank you for the pics! I appreciate it. Couple questions, have they ever come loose on you? I read around on the forum of them doing that. Also wondering which part of it faces the upper ball joint and what part faces toward engine bay. (I don't want to install backwards ROFL).

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 60
They haven't come loose yet but I've only had them on 6 months. Don't put any grease in there or it probably WILL slip! - just set at minimum (+1.25*) and torque to spec (directions) before installing. I put anti-sieze only on the bolt holding the UCA to it.

The orientation will be obvious when you think about it - you want to reduce negative camber so the UCA has to move out towards the fender (so engine bay side in your pic). Your pic shows it in the +3.0* position. You'll want to move it to the right to the +1.25* position and tighten the nut on the bottom before installing.

Last edited:
Alright, so I installed the camber kit, and got an alignment. Drives great! The best it's been since I bought the car. Thanks everybody for the help! I'm very pleased with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_8021.JPG
    IMG_8021.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 72
I’m actually going through the same problem now, I’m going to do what you did and hopefully it fixes the issue! Thanks for the info and updates.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back