The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

anyone know what 16g this is

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95'RS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Germansville, Pennsylvania
bought the car with what is said to be a evo 3 big 16 but to be honest I'm not sure if its a small, big, or e3 16g maybe someone could tell from the pic

Attachments

• DSCN0226.jpg
    DSCN0226.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 439
Definitely not an EVO3 version (unless someone swapped a non-E3 turbine housing), you can tell the difference because they use a thinned out turbine housing. You can see in the pic I attached that the upper bolt hole for the o2 housing is exposed, where the one in your pic goes into the casting.

Attachments

• 49178-01470_3.jpg
    49178-01470_3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 436
I will take another pic tomorrow of the compressor wheel I know I should have did that right off the bat but I only had this pic right now so its not an evo 3 im hoping its a big 16 anyway pic is coming tomorrow

Definitely not an EVO3 version (unless someone swapped a non-E3 turbine housing), you can tell the difference because they use a thinned out turbine housing. You can see in the pic I attached that the upper bolt hole for the o2 housing is exposed, where the one in your pic goes into the casting.
:ohdamn: terrible way to figure out whether or not it a evo III 16g or not just because these hotsides get swapped SO MUCH... like jusmx said if you take a picture of the serial number on the side you can tell.

just pay attention to the last 3 digits... the first 7 are the same (with the exception of the small 16g)

14B
49178-01010
49178-01030
49178-01400
49178-01410

Small 16G
49178-01520
49178-05200

Big 16G
49178-01420

Evo I Big 16G
49178-01450

Evo II Big 16G
49178-01460

Evo III Big 16G
49178-01470

and thats where your looking for it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

off topic but needs to be addressed. i went through your photo gallery and noticed that your bov isn't recirculated back into the intake... for the sake of your car running like it should give up that loud blow off and recirc it.

thanks!

I didnt get the pics yet but with the info from above im sure i could ID this turbo and as for the BOV I know it needs to be recirculated I just got the car a week ago and did not even drive it yet but I have a 1g Bov I think I'm going to use

I didnt get the pics yet but with the info from above im sure i could ID this turbo and as for the BOV I know it needs to be recirculated I just got the car a week ago and did not even drive it yet but I have a 1g Bov I think I'm going to use

i have the same HKS bov and its great, just another $20 gets you the recirc kit... mines been powdercoated so it doesn't look flashy but heres a pic. :thumb:

I found them numbers on the turbo but I can only see 49180 i believe, and there is nothing else that I can see its pretty dark out right know LOL but im just gonna keep the HKS and get the recirc kit so what size and kind of hose to use?

I found them numbers on the turbo but I can only see 49180 i believe, and there is nothing else that I can see its pretty dark out right know LOL but im just gonna keep the HKS and get the recirc kit so what size and kind of hose to use?

you have two ways of doing it buy the kit... $50
HKS SSQ BOV Recirculation Kit#-#Blow Off Valves#-#DSMparts.com

or do it the HDR (home depot racing) way like me!
get this from extreme psi EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts - HKS SSQV Recirculation Fitting: 1" and then buy a 1" hose and clamps and just PUSH it around the intake recirc hole and clamp it tight.

you can easily see the 49178 its the last 3 that are stamped though, haha. just get in there with a camera and a flash and snap a few shots. then you can zoom in and see what it says.

Last edited:
yeah I think im gonna go with home depot racing way too.I seen the numbers there 420 it looks as if the 4 and 2 are not original (it looks like the numbers were ground down and re-tapped) heres a pic of the compressor wheel but you can't really see the numbers that good.

Attachments

• DSCN0247.jpg
    DSCN0247.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 548
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back