The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Anyone ever max out there 550 or 580 injectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse98GST

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 12, 2004
Florissant, Missouri
I have an evo 16g and i think ive maxed out my injectors. When i log it on my DSM LINK it says my Duty Cycle is 101%, also when i drive at WOT and am at about 6500-7000 rpm the car missfires or the injectors shut down or somthing. Has anyone ever run into this situation, if so what happend?

Sure people have maxed them out but you should start with a boost leak test to make sure that your not causing the ECU to call for more fuel than it really needs because your leaking metered air.

Steve

The only place it could be leaking is at my throttle body shaft seals or my injectors, i use all Tbolt clamps and Samco IC hoses. Wouldnt my boost fluctuate a lot if i was leaking that much boost though.

As long as you haven't maxed out the turbo it will continue to pump air to make up the difference. It might be hotter air but the boost level will remain steady until the turbo can't keep up with the leak.

So what boost are you running and what airflow counts are you getting.

Steve

ill have to log it again to give you the specifics, ill do that within the next couple of days so keep an eye on the post. But im running 19-20lbs, the car pulls like a beast, it almost seems like a sudden stall, and on one log that i looked at a long time ago it looked like my injectors actually shut off for a split second when they reached a 101%duty cycle.

Also, what are the most common places on DSMs for boost leaks to accur besides the IC pipes.

Yes, it's totally possible. A friend maxed out 550's on a 14b, cams, etc. Pump gas and a lot of boost.

I always recommend at least 660s for an Evo III 16G for this very reason.

I maxed out my 550s a long time ago.

What was you expierience like when you maxed them out? Did it do the same as my car?

No, it just got leaner. You probably have an ignition issue. Try putting in a new set of BPR7ES or BPR8ES plugs gapped down to 0.026".

I went 11.2's on 550's probly maxed out... made 412 hp on a 50 trim,

i maxed out my 550s and i nuked one, it hydrolocked the cylinder, so becareful. dont forget at 100% dc they open and stay open instead of pulsing so they get real hot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back