The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Alternator wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98bluegsx

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2018
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Was curious what this little post on the alternator is for. Is it to add a ground? I also have a red wire that I don’t know what it goes to that’s grounded on the frame. Don’t know if someone added a ground the the alternator or what. Any help I appreciate thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 179
I also have a red wire that I don’t know what it goes to that’s grounded on the frame
As you can see by the aftermarket crimp connector it's not stock, so the question is where does the other end go to?

That bolt was for a bracket attached to the OEM wiring bundle to keep it out of the way just like Mitsubishikid said. You could use it as another ground.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back