The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for pics of your AFPR Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2003
North Vernon, Indiana
I just got the aeromotive afpr, guage, and s/s return line install kit from slowboy. I have a few ideas on where I am going to install it but I would like to see what you did.

Thanks,
Ben

I didn't unplug the solenoids. I just took them off the bracket and tucked/ziptied them out of the way.

And yes that car still had cruise.

Here's some more pictures:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

BTW, Drifte and ed_dogg23, Nice Strut Bars!! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
haha the strut bars...

latest pic of my fpr, it was a kit from Import Evolution based here in Iowa.

I am so tired of busting my ass and watching my 91 Eagle Talon Collect dirt. I have not driven the car in 5 years!! Yes, for 5 years the car has sat. I am so tired of watching the stock market plummet and pay checks getting smaller, so I decided to resurrect the Eagle.
I am looking to install a 255 fuel pump and I am aware that I will need a FPR. I have spent 3 hours looking for the right FPR kit (includes FPR, return line, fittings and Gauge), I give up!! I need pictures of installed FPR kits. I want to see the locations of the FPRs. If I am going to spend the money to resurrect the car, I am going to make sure the parts look fantastic.

I need your help guys!!! Please show me some pictures as well as first hand experience on FPRs. I need reliability and tuneability above looks.....

This is the 2nd thread asking the same question in the past 2 days. I'm glad to see your deciding to bring your car back to life, But you should really try using the Search function before posting.

Here is the one from yesterday:

Aeromotive fpr mounting location

And another from a while back:

Looking pics your afpr install

Thank you for the input. However, when I used the search option a list of threads were rendered and most of them pertain to problems after installation. Maybe I am the only one that feels this way when I say, the search engine can feel primitive at times. Yes, I used simple search words such as "FPR install" "FPR location" and others. None of which yielded the same thread you provided. Perhaps my eyes got crossed eyed hours after reading threads which made it difficult for me to find the answer I was looking for. I use to think people were too lazy to perform a simple search, now I know what it feels like to ask a simple question in a forum full of mindless noobie questions. Thank you for your time and information provided.

You've got links to pics and what not, but let me add this. I love aeromotive products (probably because -AN fittings make me drool ) BUt anyway, the aeromotive AFPR has let me down on several occasions from drifiting from it's set FP to leaking down fuel pressure sometimes in 20 seconds and others it takes hours.

When i bought this one the retailer (oneof our vendors here) refused to warrantee it out for me and insisted i was incompetant which really pissed me off, but long story short, i put another one on (borrowed from a customer build at the time) and that fixed it while i ordered parts to rebuild the one i just bought, and even though it's now rebuilt, it still varies it's base FP when it wants too. I have used a few fuel lab units on cars here recently and I have to say i love their products, they are great pieces and perform as well as they look. I would recomend fuel lab, based on it's price and performance i would say it's one of the better units on the market right now.

Depending on how much boost you plan on running, you should be good with the 190lph on your 20g. Possibly look into intercooler upgrade instead. What are you you using to tune and what injectors do you have? Hopefully all goes well as it is not good for seals/gaskets to sit for too long

Unfortunately I am not using any sort of piggy back or program to tune my engine. I am still running my stock injectors. 5 years ago, I parked the car because I was installing a used transmission every 2 months. I was only 22 then. During that time I had purchased a set of 880 Greddy injectors, extrememotorsposrts front intercooler, MAF-T with translator and 3 inch intake tube. I never got to use any of those parts and the only thing I sold was my intercooler. Now, I am trying to piece the car together with the parts I was going to use for upgrades. At the moment, the car has a surging problem in 2nd or 3rd gear at 5,000RPMs or above under WOT. I have checked for boost leaks on the intake side, none have been found so far. I am only using 15psi of boost. The only datalogging device I have is my palm which has a very primitive software.

You've got links to pics and what not, but let me add this. I love aeromotive products (probably because -AN fittings make me drool ) BUt anyway, the aeromotive AFPR has let me down on several occasions from drifiting from it's set FP to leaking down fuel pressure sometimes in 20 seconds and others it takes hours.

When i bought this one the retailer (oneof our vendors here) refused to warrantee it out for me and insisted i was incompetant which really pissed me off, but long story short, i put another one on (borrowed from a customer build at the time) and that fixed it while i ordered parts to rebuild the one i just bought, and even though it's now rebuilt, it still varies it's base FP when it wants too. I have used a few fuel lab units on cars here recently and I have to say i love their products, they are great pieces and perform as well as they look. I would recomend fuel lab, based on it's price and performance i would say it's one of the better units on the market right now.

Thank you, I appreciate your input. To be honest I was aiming more towards the Aeromtovie Products because of their flashiness, but thanks to your input I will be doing more research.

Has anyone else had or seen this problem??

I just finished re-wiring my Walbro 190 fuel pump and I must say what a difference. I used a 10gauge amp wire to complete my rewire :hellyeah:. I have also placed two kill switches to prevent thieves from stealing my car.

ha old thread

but here is mine.

old set up

new spot, it clears the jmf smim by like 3/4 inch.

Nothing special I mounted my Aeromotive A1000 AFPR on the firewall near where the battery was and the gauge mounted on the AEM fuel rail.

REALLY OLD THREAD but we're bringing it back! i used the spare bolt holes on my evo III intake manifold to mount mine, think im going to matte black a piece of aluminum and bend it around the afpr so cops can't see it. its not an eye sore now but it sure makes a stock engine bay looks suspicious...

:dsm:

I decided to move the Brake Reservoir so that I could fit my FPR and have it mounted. This is a picture in progress from last summer. I have it all done and painted but I am working on some other things right now. Ill come back and include the finished product soon!

Having been through these pics I can honestly say that the ones connected using regular black hoses look much better and cleaner. The stainless or red pipes just look out of place...great pipes, but just don't much the decor of our engines, IMHO.

Yeah I don't like the blue and red AN fittings, I personally have the black fittings with the SS lines, utilizing the same fittings for the Oil feed and drain on the turbo and the Fuel feed and return with a black Fuelab AFPR. It looks really sharp will post pics once motor goes back in.

trying to post up a pic

sorry I posted the wrong picture first and then I guess the 2nd picture doesn't show it very clearly

^^^ That tube fitting really isn't designed to support the weight of the FPR hanging off it. It's weight really should be supported by some sort of bracket. The constant vibration and sudden small movements of a running engine will quickly fatigue that fitting and it will begin to leak at the nut and will eventually fail at the tube.

Just giving you a heads up, man. I would seriously modify that set-up ASAP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back