The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G AEM 340LPH E85

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwiftKidGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2003
Cerritos, California
Does anyone know what this part is called or where I can source one?

Went to the dealer and they don't show one in there system. I am replacing what I have now with an AEM and because the car has been sitting for 15 years that part turned into goo.

Thanks in advance!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ExtremePSI has an option to buy a pump with an "install kit" that includes that part. Maybe shoot them an email and see if they sell just the install kit by itself?

Edit - I found the kit, link posted below. Sucks it's like $20, maybe you can search around eBay for a cheaper one. The Walbro kit number is 400-847. Looks the be the same shape/size as the one in your attachment.

https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Walbro-Installation-Kits.html

https://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=16311

Last edited:
Hi Guys - Thanks for your response and research on the matter, much appreciated.

So I got ahold of that part and turns out the fuel pump is about a 1/4"-3/8" smaller then normal.

https://www.aemelectronics.com/prod...le-high-flow-tank-fuel-pump-65mm-offset-inlet

Anyone have experience installing this? Looked around on youtube and here and came up empty handed.

Below is all that comes with the kit.

Also, my pops is giving me a hand and took responsibly on the pump install and doesn't recall the order in which it all goes back together. Below are the parts from the original pump. I numbered them based on how I believe the order is. Also does #2 get rolled in placed on #3 and FORCED in place on the housing or are they all separate.

This is a headache, thanks guys!

I've installed a couple Walbro 190 pumps in my GSX, but they very similar to the OEM unit in terms of size. Used the VFAQ the first time (select Fuel in the top right). I'm not sure what modifications, if any, would be required to fit your pump if it's a different size. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some help there.

The spacer (3) goes on first, then the O Ring (2) then the cap (1).

http://vfaq.com/index-main.html

You can strap it to the hanger with a couple hose clamps if the bottom won't hold it in place. I've done that on a few aftermarket pumps. I usually put the insulating sleeve back around the next pump.
1 word of advice, use VICEGRIPS on that little phillips head screw on the bottom the first time or you will probably strip the head out. After you break it loose initially, you can use a screwdriver.

You can strap it to the hanger with a couple hose clamps if the bottom won't hold it in place. I've done that on a few aftermarket pumps. I usually put the insulating sleeve back around the next pump.
1 word of advice, use VICEGRIPS on that little phillips head screw on the bottom the first time or you will probably strip the head out. After you break it loose initially, you can use a screwdriver.

Thanks Jeff!

@1990TSIAWDTALON insulating sleeve? Thanks for your insight too!

The rubber insulator that is on the outside of the original fuel pumps. It slides onto the pump body. Its a round tube of rubber that goes around the pump. I always reused mine. It keeps noise down.

Here is the installed AEM 340lph E85 compatible high flow fuel pump [part #50-1220]. I fit just BARELY enough to have a proper seal since its a bit smaller then normal. The comparison pictures are below. I am not using the filter that came with the AEM fuel pump because it would not clear our fuel bracket.

I bought the ExtremePSI Walbro Install Kit #18796 [Mitsubishi DSM 95'-99' Turbo/No Turbo]
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/Walbro-Installation-Kits.html

Walbro on the left, stock on the right.
The added thickness in the Walbro Install Kit was just enough to make it work.
I don't know what this part is called technically, but for conversation sake will call it "Insulator Base"

I also ended up using Walbro's fuel filter that came with the install kit. AEM's filter is a bit wider on the the base [red arrow] and was problematic for both the insulator base and our metal bracket that holds everything in place.

If I would have known the pump was not a "drop in" pump pump, I would have gone another route.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back