The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

? about this particular eBay DP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsx ftw

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
510/408, California
So I might just end up getting this one: eBay Motors: 95-99 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GSX RACING DOWNPIPE DSM 2G 14B (item 130205154629 end time Mar-15-08 14:32:38 PDT)

90 bucks shipped, should end up to be under 100 w/ tax. Never heard of the brand, but then again, most eBay DP's don't have a brand.

There aren't any o2 bungs on the DP, correct? Just on the piping post-cat, correct?

eBay Motors: Downpipe Eclipse GSX Talon 95-97 98 99 Down Pipe Turbo (item 310022930069 end time Mar-13-08 20:20:08 PDT)

So I'm looking at the piece, and it looks like a FWD DP to me? I was checking it out because it's one of the few eBay catbacks that aren't Megan that run hangers. Also, it says it has a 3" inlet? Isn't the stock o2 housing 2.5" at most?

Now, my main concern is this- Why does that first GSX DP look like a FWD/GST DP? You know, with bend.

I asked the seller these same questions- waiting on his reply.

I was also considering this DP: eBay Motors: Stainless Steel Downpipe Eclipse GSX AWD 95 96 97 98 99 (item 110231487929 end time Apr-06-08 19:22:54 PDT)

It replaces the stock cat, correct? I have a 3" catback, but it was welded up at a muffler shop and they still used the o2 section of the OEM catback, so I have about 4" of stock piping. Basically, whatever I bolt to it will have to fit OEM piping. Will this work?

Oh, and to be more clear and to eliminate confusion, would either of these DP's (the second one in particular) bolt to the stock catback?

You can tell by the picture its a 2.5 inlet and 3.0 out because it expands to a bigger pipe size right after the flex (assuming the picture given is the actual product). My 3inch cat-back bolted right up to my stock down-pipe, same flanges, so I don't think you would have troubles doing the reverse.

You can tell by the picture its a 2.5 inlet and 3.0 out because it expands to a bigger pipe size right after the flex (assuming the picture given is the actual product). My 3inch cat-back bolted right up to my stock down-pipe, same flanges, so I don't think you would have troubles doing the reverse.

Ah, thanks for the input. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 2nd one (the one that eliminates the cat)

Now that I think about it, I'd rather get the first one and then purchase a test-pipe. I live in CA, so I'd like the option of going between cat-less and catted without having to do too much work.

Now, my main concern is this- Why does that first GSX DP look like a FWD/GST DP? You know, with bend.

It definately is for a gst... Maybe it's not the actual picture of the one you will get.

I e-mailed him and I'm waiting for his reply. I'll let you guys know once he gets back to me.

That first one looks exactly like my Megan racing FWD cat eliminating downpipe..

That first one looks exactly like my Megan racing FWD cat eliminating downpipe..

Yeah, I know it's a Megan knock-off, but it says it's for the GSX, but has the bend like the FWD downpipes do.

Bumping your thread is against forum rules. You'll be lucky to get a response from any ebay vendor. Spend the extra 35 bucks and grab a Megan downpipe and call it a day. That way you know what your getting instead of guessing.

Chris

Another idea...megan downpipes really are not that much...try a vendor from this site you will be suprised...maybe even e mail them an offer. The customer service is much much better we all know, you will get the right one the first time not the third, your shipping will be actuall shipping not a scam so if you get the wrong one you only get price back (10 bucks) and most importantly its those vendors on here that keep this forum running so you can come back and ask more questions....my two cents

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back