1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build 99 Spyder GS.. working on the 'T'

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    Lots of patience, a heat gun, and careful bending.. and I finally finished up the water lines for the turbo. The motor is sooooo close to being 100% ready to swap out now.

20190216_001630.jpg

20190216_001650.jpg

I have to go through and add clamps to all of the lines, but we're nearing the finish line.

Only thing left to do after I put the clamps on is to get it off the stand and mount the flywheel and new clutch. I picked up a Fidanza lightweight flywheel from Performance Partout, gonna pick up a fresh friction surface for it before I wrap everything up.

So excited, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter every day! Can't wait to hear that turbo spool up for the first time :hellyeah:

Street Build 2K  12

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    Finally got around to installing the GSX dual piston calipers loaded up with Wagner ThermoQuiet Ceramic pads against Power Stop rotors.

20190310_220853.jpg

Also.. notice the large patch of fluids under the car? Found out my water-pipe O-Ring was leaking :banghead:. Went ahead and drained down the coolant and installed a new o-ring. Now I get to wait until tomorrow morning to add some fresh coolant and make sure we're all sealed up :rolleyes:

Street Build 2K  12

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Aproductions

Aproductions Proven Member

Joined Aug 11, 2009
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    nice build so far! Good to see DSMers around the valley.

Street Build 1K  1

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
    jinscho likes this.
  4. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    Thanks! There's a few of us floating around, but definitely a rare sight in the area.

Street Build 2K  12

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    FINALLY... A reasonable seller :D
    Screenshot_20190318-074514_Gmail.jpg

Just in time for top down season...

Street Build 2K  12

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    Scored more goodies on eBay :hellyeah:

20190321_152921.jpg

Been searching for one of these at a reasonable price for a VERY long time now. $100 shipped to my door and it's in excellent shape. Can't wait til Spring hits and I can keep the top down all the time

Street Build 2K  12

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    No major updates unfortunately. Been waiting on parts to come in from JNZ. Josh went on a Nationwide hunt for me for certain parts that are nearly non-existent (one single trans case bolt and a reverse wave spring... Been about two weeks now ROFL). Huge props to Josh for hunting those parts down for me though. It'll be worth the wait knowing that I'll have a trans with fresh seals linked up to my freshly rebuilt motor. Sick and tired of oil leaks...

While waiting on the trans parts, I finally took the time to install the rear sway bar that the Spyder GS so sorely needed from the factory. Also put some new shoes on the car so it stays planted in the corners. If anyone needs an affordable set of tires I highly recommend checking out Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. Spent $600 out the door with a four wheel alignment (which the car sorely needed.. front toe was WAY out of whack).

Next up will be replacing the rear toe arms eccentric bolts.. passenger side is frozen but fortunately still in spec. Dodged a bullet with that one.. for now..

Street Build 2K  12

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. techboy

techboy Proven Member

Joined Feb 3, 2018
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    My axles are currently out, and my trans is gonna be coming out in the next 2 weeks. Just food for thought. OMG I'd offer it to you first before I post it up on here or CL.

Street Build 1K  6

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    13.876 @ 106.97 · 2G DSM
  9. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    I'll definitely take the axles. I scored the trans from Performance Partout for $40. It was sitting on a shelf for a very long time with nobody asking about it... They just wanted it gone and I happened to be the one that lucked out :hellyeah:

Street Build 2K  12

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    spyderdrifter likes this.
  10. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    Finally got some work putting the new trans back together with fresh seals. Only had about 30 min to work, but was able to get all of the fresh seals installed and all of the gear sets back into place. Progress is way too slow for my liking.. anyone know how to create an extra hour in each day? ROFLROFL

20190506_210944.jpg

Street Build 2K  12

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    spyderdrifter likes this.