The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

'99 GS - SRT4 engine swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Also on a side note picked up rear disc brake set up whith knuckles and arms for 40 bucks for the pair and front 3k gt calipers for another 40 bucks for the pair.

You are doing well. keep after those goodies.

You deserve a lot of credit for doing something out of the mainstream, and hope all works out.

You are doing well. keep after those goodies.

You deserve a lot of credit for doing something out of the mainstream, and hope all works out.

Hey thanks! Im not the only one who deservs credit, what u are doing is not exactly in the box. Just make sure when you are done that u shoot some video doing laps!

I love this build your doing even though mines on hold this srt swap is inspirational everytime I take a look

I love this build your doing even though mines on hold this srt swap is inspirational everytime I take a look

Well its good to see that u finnaly got what u wanted.I did se a spyder turbo for sale. Black with the chrome factory wheels. But had to back off. I have enough stuff as it is.

Awesome build. Wish I could come back on tomorrow and it be done! :D

Well it was a short trip in the grarage to find only dissapointment. The opening in the mustang wheels are to small for the dsm lug nuts to fit in! So i will have to order a custom set of spline drive lug nuts to get the wheels on the car.

In the process of finding lugnuts. I ran into a old friend that is giving me the hook up.1 gen scion tc wheels are painted a hyper silver sorta like a gunmetal. The wheels that I have are a polished alum. If u have ever polished a wheel u know that up keep is a pain so im going painted.

Attachments

• 5N15I35K43Id3Nc3Hac2rf1b133b9a76411ac.jpeg
    5N15I35K43Id3Nc3Hac2rf1b133b9a76411ac.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,252
I give you big props on the build man. Can't wait till its all done and you get the satisfaction of it being done. Very unique build. I actually had a 95 Neon Sport that i did the SRT Head swap. It was a fun car till it took a shit on my face. Good Luck Man. I will keep looking in ever so often.

I give you big props on the build man. Can't wait till its all done and you get the satisfaction of it being done. Very unique build. I actually had a 95 Neon Sport that i did the SRT Head swap. It was a fun car till it took a shit on my face. Good Luck Man. I will keep looking in ever so often.

Thanks!

After talking with arrow on the phone, it got me thinking about making some custom bofy parts for this project.

It was my pleasure to be able to help you out, but like I told you the way I like to build my cars is to tackle one thing at a time, body work which in itself takes a lot of time when you are changing things, brakes which sometimes are bolt on but do require lots of planning, suspension which can be a killer money wise, and last my engine work.

Not everyone will follow this path since it may not be necessary and not all these changes are being made, engine it may surprise you and others I leave for last, once you have the engine ready to go, it becomes very tempting to take shortcuts, and leave things behind which should have been taken care of in the original plan.

As I finish one step in my build, it gives me more incentive to go to the next, not that if I have everything going at the same time, it is difficult to see what has been acomplished,

Having body work and engine work at the extremes is also beneficial since these 2 do not mix at all.
Give me call anytime you feel I can be of further assistance.

arrowhead

It was my pleasure to be able to help you out, but like I told you the way I like to build my cars is to tackle one thing at a time, body work which in itself takes a lot of time when you are changing things, brakes which sometimes are bolt on but do require lots of planning, suspension which can be a killer money wise, and last my engine work.

Not everyone will follow this path since it may not be necessary and not all these changes are being made, engine it may surprise you and others I leave for last, once you have the engine ready to go, it becomes very tempting to take shortcuts, and leave things behind which should have been taken care of in the original plan.

As I finish one step in my build, it gives me more incentive to go to the next, not that if I have everything going at the same time, it is difficult to see what has been acomplished,

Having body work and engine work at the extremes is also beneficial since these 2 do not mix at all.
Give me call anytime you feel I can be of further assistance.

arrowhead

U have inspired me to make some custom parts when the time comes. Not only is this a srt swap but a rebadging of sorts. Kind of like rs,gs,gst,gsx. After thinking about it for the last six months I liking GSR. A cobination of gs and srt. That plans for the body will include altering front and rear bumpers along with hood. Some changes will be sublte and some will more involed. And I would like to thank all that read my post and have had to put up with my spelling and sentence stucture, I am working on it the more I post.

U have inspired me to make some custom parts when the time comes. Not only is this a srt swap but a rebadging of sorts. Kind of like rs,gs,gst,gsx. After thinking about it for the last six months I liking GSR. A cobination of gs and srt. That plans for the body will include altering front and rear bumpers along with hood. Some changes will be sublte and some will more involed. And I would like to thank all that read my post and have had to put up with my spelling and sentence stucture, I am working on it the more I post.

Thanks for your reference.

Maybe you can compete with the auto industry with your creation of this new model.

I will be posting some pictures of what is left of the structures around the top of windshield and around the rest of the roof.

Pm sent. Ive been in stall on the build and with weather hiting the 80s I have been busy with outdoor stuff and hunydo list. Have been hitting the xbox in the afternoon for controled anger management.

I've been doing the exact same, but when progress is made in a build like yours it seems like a huge leap into the amazing unknown. A fantastic Discovery.

My daughter is always watching dora the explorer and all the education shows like national geographic and stuff. She hogs the Xbox. I'm gonna be doing some hardcore COD tonight if your ready to get beatdown LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back