The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

'99 GS - SRT4 engine swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude this is crazy! I just read this whole thing and this making me want to go out and start working on mine

This is an awesome project! I've owned 2 SRT4s, an '04 (stock) and an '05 (stage 2). They get a bad reputation because their owners can be jerks, but the cars are very respectable.
I will be following what you are doing very closely. Keep up the great work!

This is an awesome project! I've owned 2 SRT4s, an '04 (stock) and an '05 (stage 2). They get a bad reputation because their owners can be jerks, but the cars are very respectable.
I will be following what you are doing very closely. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the reply!

Well ive manged to get some time in the talon tear down.front and rear suspension. The gas tank. The dash and most of the wiring are out.

Attachments

• 2012-05-17 16.22.53.jpg
    2012-05-17 16.22.53.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 2012-05-17 16.19.02.jpg
    2012-05-17 16.19.02.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 2012-05-17 15.33.45.jpg
    2012-05-17 15.33.45.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 295
It is a ebay special. 3 inch stainless steal.It was around a hundred bucks shiped

LOL nothing wrong with that, no need to get the brand name if its the same shit.:thumb:

Did you know if they make it for the 1g's? if so I may as well order that to save $$

Well all can find on my ebay was the seller d5_concepts. As far as the manufactur not sure and didnt care since I will have to modify anyways. I liked it for price size and that it was stainless.

I'm not a big fan of cutting and chopping up of dsm's or of neon's period buuuttt.........WOW your an inspiration to all of us, great job and hope this new job works out for you. Kinda stupid how you get let go from a job after devoting 6 years to it!
What happened to the rest of the talon shell.....it looked it really good shape!

Major props!

Well as u can tell by my last post I still have it. Ive been gutting it out slowly and putting the parts aside. Some I will use and some I will sell. The car its self had a hard life when I got it no engine or trans and was beat to death. It had engine parts frombother makes and models in it, so the interor was greasy torn and smelly. So I decided to take it apart piece by piece so as to keep other dsm on the road and to sell or trade for parts that I might need for my car. As far as the shell, it still has good bones but needs a ton of body work. So either to sell as a shell or sell some of structural parts. I know of some one in dire need of strut towers and these ones are in pretty good shape considering the rest of the car.

Well lets just say that this has been the crapiest year of my life with any thing and every that could go wrong has. The project has been shelved for the time being in order to make room for changes going on that have affected me mentaly physicaly and my wallet. So the project is on hold.

good to be back in dsm again after several years.
Tank, that is a nice build you got going on. Thats a one patients you got there. And to answer your question, the 2nd gen on that video is running srt4 swap with stock gs tranny (nvt-350). I did not start the project (although wish I could've done it right from the start) but I ended up picking up that car for real good price. Previous owner and the multiple shops it went through have done lots of ghetto work to get it running so I am having to redo a LOT of work. But now it is running strong and now it is being used as my daily on nice days (ac compressor is seized and I can't deal with 100+ heat during the day time. Ill fix that when I get a chance). I hope you get yours running soon. Its nice to see another gsrt4 owner :D

Some of you have probably wondered what had happens to me. Well its sounds like some old country song. First off wrecked my truck,lost my job,dad died,then the topper the wife left. Well this Monday I start a new job. So hopefully I will back to building again. Oh new phone with spell check!

Hey bud get up and go, sometimes we are dealt some bad cards, but life has its ups and downs, but you can not let yourself get beat down, things will improve for you, I am sure.

Get up and go.

This is my first time seeing your build, and I love what I see. Keep up the good work! Oh and good luck on the new job, hope to see some more updates soon.

The new job has been going great so far. I just managed to order the replacement back rear lower control arms. It will take a few weeks to get them in. so in the mean time I will be putting on some of the parts I have and doing some under carriage clean up.

Took down a wall so i could work on the car now have relocate the stuff of the floor.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353802664196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353802664196.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 315
Man, you are going a great job on this car. I can't wait till it is finished. I was planing on maybe doing this. Or something different that hasn't been done.

Hope things are getting better for you as I know they will. Life has some bad cards. Not been the best year for me. But things are getting better. Hope you the best.

When this is finished it will be epic! He is thinking this build all the way through and making it top notch. Just hard because he works a lot and doesn't have much time to build it. wiring harness is going to be crazy with the srt-4 gauge cluster. So crazy infusing the two cars.

not to be rude or anything but the pics i posted up on page 4 or 5, i dont really recall,

had been verified by a friend of mine who checked out the car personally.

motor and transmission numbers did check out and test drove the car personally and said he was inlove with it.

good luck and hope your swap gets completed.
:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back