1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

99 GS

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. BigTrip

BigTrip Probationary Member

Joined Jun 1, 2020
    Tucson, Arizona

156  1

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. BigTrip

Joined Jun 1, 2020
    Tucson, Arizona
    So I've had this 99GS eclipse for a little while started going through the car found everything that was done wrong now I have a huge electrical problem I turn my key the engine will crank but I get no power to my instrument cluster I have no power to the radio door lock's or windows but headlights brake lights tail lights all work I have no idea what's going on I thought it might be the car's ECU/PCM or maybe a relay I tried to find help online going to random places then I realized the only place to get help is from people who know these cars the car is stock with a 420A engine 5speed tranz but modified with a Turbo and a walbro 450 fuel pump all I'm trying to do is sort out my electric problem get the car running again and continue dissecting the build
    So if you have any hints on what to do diagram schematics relay locations what relays control instrument Cluster Or any of these You'd be doing me a huge solid

156  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. RJ_IS_BATMAN

RJ_IS_BATMAN Proven Member

Joined May 7, 2020
    Ontario, California
    I had the same issue with the windows and door locks not working on my car. Ended up being that the switches for the door locks and windows were not connected inside the door panel. Mine also were not connected at the sole jams either. Start there and if still nothing then check the fuse box for broken fuses

Street Build 253  22

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. BigTrip

Joined Jun 1, 2020
    Tucson, Arizona
    Cool I will look into that do you think it will fix my other problems with not getting any power to my instrument cluster because when I turn the key on there's no indicator showing that I have power going to anything you know when you turn on your car and you can see the gauges and lights come on on your dashboard you can hear your fuel pump Prime well I don't get any of that
    I guess I will check the wiring that goes to your accessory box and see what happens

156  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. RJ_IS_BATMAN

RJ_IS_BATMAN Proven Member

Joined May 7, 2020
    Ontario, California
    Check the fuses, a lot of my fuses burned out when i connected my battery for the first time. I actually just went and replaced all the burnt up fuses and also fixed some ground wiring issues with my turn signals yesterday and everything in my car now works.

Street Build 253  22

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. BigTrip

Joined Jun 1, 2020
    Tucson, Arizona
    Cool man I'll do it this weekend.
    I'll have an up date after words
    Thanks bud.

156  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. BigTrip

Joined Jun 1, 2020
    Tucson, Arizona
    Well i checked all the fuses i could locate all good.
    Im going to try the relays and see what
    Happens.

156  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. BigTrip

Joined Jun 1, 2020
    Tucson, Arizona
    This car was hacked up bad everything
    Has been bypassed.
    Its going to be a while before i get it back to stock.

156  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM