The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved 97 GSX what are these sensors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trizz5253

Probationary Member
Nov 12, 2010
Saugerties, New_York
What are the 2 sensors by the oil filter housing on a 97 GSX . The guy i bought the car from said one of those were bad and thats why the car runs like crap. But of course he couldn't remember the name of the sensor. I looked threw the manual and i couldn't find anything about them. Thanks

Solution
The only sensors I can think of down by that area are the:
oil pressure idiot light sensor...It's screwed in the front I think and it has a little spade type connector on the front of it....
oil pressure gauge sensor....It's screwed into the bottom of the oil filter housing and its kinda bulky....the head of it has a round disk on the top of it per se....
The only sensors I can think of down by that area are the:
oil pressure idiot light sensor...It's screwed in the front I think and it has a little spade type connector on the front of it....
oil pressure gauge sensor....It's screwed into the bottom of the oil filter housing and its kinda bulky....the head of it has a round disk on the top of it per se....

Solution
No....it will not contribute to how the car runs...

1st for the stupid idiot light....If it turns on it's pretty much to late IMHO....Consider the motor toast...
2nd for the the gauge...its still not the most accurate thing in the world but, it it something...better than nothing...

Depends on the meaning. If you have no oil pressure then yea your gonna have some problems if the light or gauge aint working.

Yes it depends on the meaning....

Well on both my old 91 talon and 99 gsx I did not have the factory gauge hooked up....seeing as I had aftermarket...
But I always left the one for the light connected even though its not a necessary item....

But if your car is stock just have both of them working to save you some headaches....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back