The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

97 eclipse

Year
Model/Trim
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
Hopefully, but I'm getting the run around about my valve cover. Guy keeps saying he's going to ship it and doesn't. I still have my original but I want to put it all back together with the new look and bigger case ports.:mad:

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
I went through some of my old pictures and discovered the pic of the 97 when i returned home with it. i will be posting new engine pics once the head is done.
tits fun to track progress.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i hated that spoiler i went factory in under a month. you really cant see the bumper but it had a rough life so purchased new on both

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
I bought this seal due to it being in the parts diagram for the CAS housing. Upon disassembly I did not find an old one inside and have no idea how it is installed or if I even need it.

TK's9d2TSi

Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Don’t think you need that if you’re running the cas. Might be the plug if you’re not running one. Not 100% sure though. Make sure you orientate the cas pick up correctly. With #1 cylinder at tdc it should fit this way

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
Don’t think you need that if you’re running the cas. Might be the plug if you’re not running one. Not 100% sure though. Make sure you orientate the cas pick up correctly. With #1 cylinder at tdc it should fit this way

Do you have any specific ways that you use to smooth the cam bearings. I have 3 on the intake cam that feel a little bumpy. It is super light, i didn't know if i should leave it or polish it up a bit but dont want to damage the ID of the bearing.

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
This is the worst one

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
I sent him pictures, he seems to think they are in good shape the metal isn't carved at all its only a line pattern. I think he's just going to lightly smooth the one.

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
Had to work 12 hours today but had me reward waiting at home and the head is one step closer to completion.

Joe' GSX

Proven Member
Mar 30, 2018
Houston, Texas
Hey what’s up man. Got some pics for you. Here’s the bracket that I have in the trunk. I currently have it mounted in the spare but it might be moved to the right side of the trunk. Maybe LOLll I’d like to build a new floor so that way i have all trunk space available.

So the ground is just bolted to a good ground with paint removed. The positive is ran to the front where I have it on the Evo x fusible link. From there i connected all the wires such as the harness and starter. I made a bracket and put it in front of my catch can

All the parts for the fusible link are available on maperformance. I think it’s a total of three things.
What battery did you use? red top 25?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds