The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

97 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopefully, but I'm getting the run around about my valve cover. Guy keeps saying he's going to ship it and doesn't. I still have my original but I want to put it all back together with the new look and bigger case ports.:mad:

I went through some of my old pictures and discovered the pic of the 97 when i returned home with it. i will be posting new engine pics once the head is done.
tits fun to track progress.
20180807_174955~2.jpg
20180915_171148.jpg

i hated that spoiler i went factory in under a month. you really cant see the bumper but it had a rough life so purchased new on both

I bought this seal due to it being in the parts diagram for the CAS housing. Upon disassembly I did not find an old one inside and have no idea how it is installed or if I even need it.
20210311_085712.jpg

Don’t think you need that if you’re running the cas. Might be the plug if you’re not running one. Not 100% sure though. Make sure you orientate the cas pick up correctly. With #1 cylinder at tdc it should fit this way

upload_2021-3-11_9-25-0.jpeg

Don’t think you need that if you’re running the cas. Might be the plug if you’re not running one. Not 100% sure though. Make sure you orientate the cas pick up correctly. With #1 cylinder at tdc it should fit this way

View attachment 624415
Do you have any specific ways that you use to smooth the cam bearings. I have 3 on the intake cam that feel a little bumpy. It is super light, i didn't know if i should leave it or polish it up a bit but dont want to damage the ID of the bearing.

I sent him pictures, he seems to think they are in good shape the metal isn't carved at all its only a line pattern. I think he's just going to lightly smooth the one.

Hey what’s up man. Got some pics for you. Here’s the bracket that I have in the trunk. I currently have it mounted in the spare but it might be moved to the right side of the trunk. Maybe LOLll I’d like to build a new floor so that way i have all trunk space available.
View attachment 603480
So the ground is just bolted to a good ground with paint removed. The positive is ran to the front where I have it on the Evo x fusible link. From there i connected all the wires such as the harness and starter. I made a bracket and put it in front of my catch can
View attachment 603483
View attachment 603482
View attachment 603482
View attachment 603481
View attachment 603484
All the parts for the fusible link are available on maperformance. I think it’s a total of three things.
What battery did you use? red top 25?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back